THE CHICKS HAVE ARRIVED!

fuzz

Songster
12 Years
Aug 4, 2007
Ohio
Its official, I am a chicken owner!

2 Sultans and two silkies. The two silkies are black and blue. Just gorgeous!! They are about 2 days old and SO soft! The 6 barred rocks are comming in june
big_smile.png

So far so good. The temperature is 90 degrees and they are all active and eating and drinking. Its easier with only 4 to keep an eye on all of them. I am so excited, I named them black one Jafar after aladdin as he is such an evil little cutie
smile.png
The rest names are comming and will most likely be from aladdin and I have no clue why
tongue.png

I really want to name one Rafiki but I am hoping for all hens and no roo's but I already think one of the sultans are a roo.

I am soo excited and I just adore them! There is nothing like getting your first chicks.

Also the smaller sultan is really slow and a tidge less active, I am worried about him. Is there anything I can do for him? I see no real signs of sickenss other than her being slow and sleepy. She eats and drinks fine I really want them all to survive!

Megan

Mix half a jar of hot water(for some reason Karo only mixes with hot water
idunno.gif
) with Karo syrup (either kind works) then after mixing it fill up the rest of the feeder jar thing with cold water and let the chick drink it. If it doesnt dip its it beak in it.

The chicks are healthier looking today and very active.

I am looking for some toys for them because they seem to be getting bored. Any toys or treats that I can give them at this age?

(3 or 4 days old)

Also I am already taking them outside for very short amounts at a time. About 10 minutes and only when it is warm and they love it and are just the cutest things!!

My sister took pictures today, I will upload them later. They are just DARLING!

Back
Top Bottom