The Chorus Line

PeepinChicken

Songster
7 Years
Mar 29, 2012
Cody, WY
I just witnessed the funniest thing I have seen so far. My Isa Red started doing the "buck buck buck BAGOCK", then my little Cochin bantam did the same buck buck buck BAGOCK, and then the Lt brown leghorn did her version of the song and last but not least the white leghorn chimed in with the loudest version.They must have been doing the chicken version of CATS or something. It was amazing, all the younger ones kept looking at "them" and then me , like WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!??!?! This went on for about 5 glorious minutes. My son and I just sat out there laughing our butts off. I wish I got a video I was too awestruck to move though. LOL

They are practicing the egg song.

You didn't join in?
lol.png

I have come to the conclusion that it is moral support for the one laying when they all sing together and one is on the nest.

If yours aren't laying yet then they soon will be!

Last edited:
They are practicing the egg song.

You didn't join in?
lol.png

I have come to the conclusion that it is moral support for the one laying when they all sing together and one is on the nest.

If yours aren't laying yet then they soon will be!

They are VERY close to laying Cochin Bantums are16 weeks and the other girls are 17 weeks now !!!!!
and I was laughing to hard to join in other wise I might have !!!
lau.gif

Mine were all singing, I swear all 18 of them this morning!! They woke my daughter up, and our house is all the way across our pasture from the coop. I had 4 eggs in the nesting boxes when the singing ended. I LOVE IT!!! LOL.

Back
Top Bottom