The cool chicken chat thread!

frow.gif

Hello!
I am Amy AKA Hen-Nah and was TriageRN way back in the days here. I suffered a divorce which meant I lost my flocks of chickens, pheasants, parrots, peacocks and quail. Darn divorces! However, I have never been so happy and now have a lovely man that saw I hurt so badly from the loss of my birds that he got me a gorgeous chicken coop and wants me to have all the chickens I want! What a guy!
I am a nurse in Northern California, and teach nursing students. I am getting my BSN and will get it in November. Honestly, I learn more about behavior and patience with my chickens that equates to humans! LOL! I am a mother of a 21 year old and spend my days with my hens, fishing, camping, hiking and geocaching!
Great to find this thread!
Recently, my sweetheart got me a good sized coop from a ad and it came with an unexpected 9 chickens...far too many for that size. I have to downgrade and found a work friend with acreage who wants some of my flock. I will give him my rooster (since the rooster attacked me over 5 times in one day...little stinker!) and three hens. That should get the flock to an appropriate level. However, he wants the eggs and is upset that I am giving layers away. I wanted to choose my chickens, so I am getting rid of the leghorn hens, and the rooster and hen American Bresse. Ah the drama of chicken keeping! LOL!
So that is my story so far...talk to you soon I hope!

Amy

Hello!
    I am Amy AKA Hen-Nah and was TriageRN way back in the days here.  I suffered a divorce which meant I lost my flocks of chickens, pheasants, parrots, peacocks and quail.  Darn divorces!  However, I have never been so happy and now have a lovely man that saw I hurt so badly from the loss of my birds that he got me a gorgeous chicken coop and wants me to have all the chickens I want!  What a guy!
    I am a nurse in Northern California, and teach nursing students.  I am getting my BSN and will get it in November.  Honestly, I learn more about behavior and patience with my chickens that equates to humans!  LOL!  I am a mother of a 21 year old and spend my days with my hens, fishing, camping, hiking and geocaching!
   Great to find this thread!
   Recently, my sweetheart got me a good sized coop from a ad and it came with an unexpected 9 chickens...far too many for that size.  I have to downgrade and found a work friend with acreage who wants some of my flock.  I will give him my rooster (since the rooster attacked me over 5 times in one day...little stinker!) and three hens.  That should get the flock to an appropriate level.  However, he wants the eggs and is upset that I am giving layers away.  I wanted to choose my chickens, so I am getting rid of the leghorn hens, and the rooster and hen American Bresse.  Ah the drama of chicken keeping!  LOL!

So that is my story so far...talk to you soon I hope! 

Amy

Nice story! :) Welcome to my thread! :D If you don't mind me asking how did your birds get killed?

Last edited:
Oh no...not killed. I had to move away...not a nice divorce. I had to rehome all of my birds! I found them awesome homes to good loving people around town that cared about me and were sad to see me go (and wanted to help). I am fortunate with blessings even in tough times :)!

Oh no...not killed.  I had to move away...not a nice divorce.  I had to rehome all of my birds!  I found them awesome homes to good loving people around town that cared about me and were sad to see me go (and wanted to help).  I am fortunate with blessings even in tough times :)!

Sorry I'm not the best at reading slowly. lol! :D Sorry about your divorce.
I'm glad you found good homes for your birds!
:thumbsup

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom