The Cool Texas Melon Board

Cock-L-Doodle Garoo

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 8, 2009
Texas Hill Country
Well after 50+ days this year of 100 degrees or more here in Texas, I have only lost one bird. I almost lost her last year and she did never seem quite right since. It's the shade...the fresh water daily...and the ice Cool Texas Melon Board in the evening that's help. They tear it up in just a few minutes.

Good news...The heat suppose to break in a couple of days...It's only going to get up to 93 Monday.

REMEMBER AND SUPPORT OUR OVERSEAS TROOPS PLEASE!!!

The stage is set...

33782_img_1287_pm1.jpg

The party begins....

33782_img_1298_pm1.jpg

And it's over in a few minutes...

33782_img_1338_pm1.jpg

I like the idea of sticking to a board. That would keep it clean and keep one from running off with the whole piece.

I love this, the photos are nice. I had to show my husband. We're here in Austin and yup, it's been a hot one. I take ice out and frozen bottle of ice as well. Melon does NOT last long. We will very often give them a big bowl of chopped up greens: collard, mustard, turnip, what have you. Stay cool!

Day before yesterday we woke up(6AM) to 80 degrees here on the island... right now (midnight) it's 75. This is a welcome sight. We haven't seen anything below 85 at night since May!

I use a board for all my treats but I love the large nails to hold them in place. I'm going to show hubby right now his next thing for my chickens
lol.png
He loves my chickens or so I keep telling him
lau.gif

Oh, I love this idea! I give my flock watermelon, when it's hot out, and they often overturn the melons to where the rind is facing up, then they give up and walk off. Thank you for the wonderful idea!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom