The Coop is Done!!! (mostly, gutters go up tomorrow)

including a stable gun that hooks up to the compressor. I'm never going back, putting up the hardware mesh and skirt were so easy with it.

Yes, that heavy-duty fence stapler we bought was one of the best investments we made.

The other was the electric metal shears that made cutting the hardware cloth so easy.

Poop board - There is a slight lip with a split piece of scrap wood, but I do think you are right and we are going to have to build it up a little more to keep them from flinging stuff off.
And/or keep the PDZ at a depth of <1/4".

Is soffit open front and back?

Electric shears?
Did not know that was a thing? I did all mine by hand.... I did end up doing it over the course of several days.

https://www.harborfreight.com/18-gauge-35-amp-metal-shears-61737.html?_br_psugg_q=metal+shears

1633604933768.png

I did not get the more ergonomic ones because they take out a kerf -- which would have salted my coop with short bits of wire. :eek:

@3KillerBs, I see a trip to Harbor Freight in my future, for one of those!

So, just to be clear, no metal bits when you cut HC? Or sheet metal?

There's always a chance of little chips -- we used one of those rolling magnets all around afterward. But this one doesn't take a kerf the way the other one does.

It was hard to find -- not in the place we expected it to be and not with the other metal shears. On a different shelf on the other side of the aisle among different tools. Near the routers, IIRC.

Not misplaced, that's where it's shelf tag was, but separated for some unknown reason. So if you don't see it be sure to search carefully.

Back
Top Bottom