The Cow Is Out of the Self Sufficient Bag

i will not join backyardcows
i will not join backyardcows
fl.gif

I cant afford it!
roll.png

I quick peek doesn't cost anything. wink

That's what I said about BYC! Fully planning to do some 'major planning' before actually getting the chickens, I visit the feed store to do 'field observations', and there, low and behold, are tubs and tubs of baby fluffy butts. All of those posts and the page "raising baby chicks 101" came flooding back to me, and the pull was too strong! So I happily brought home four sweethearts. Now, suddenly, we are building a coop that will house 30 chickens, and the chicken dreams go FAR beyond that...It's like sugarplums dancing in my head; no, better. It's like bators and hatching eggs, and splash and blue orpingtons...and even lavender orpingtons, and silkies, and frizzles dancing in my head. Will it never end?? No! It wont, It won't ever end, Chickens are the crack of the livestock world methinks. Hang on let me tap that vein....as I now head on to more addictions perpetrated by you good people, who revel in the title enabler.

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

30 isn't that many. We regularly house over 300 here.

They help spread the cow manure and break it up so it breaks down faster and feeds the soil. So cows and chickens are complimentary animals.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom