The death of a young legend. Fly high baby 💔

That was a very sad and touching story. It was very sweet of you to name her after my peanut. I know how you feel since I have lost 4 ducks and 12 chickens in my lifetime. Wherever she is, I hope your peanut and my peanut are together somewhere having fun, flying and roaming free. Best Wishes! I will be praying for you! - DaisyBuff

Last edited:
Thank you guys so much 💕 I really just can’t believe she’s gone. Today would’ve been her 18th week!
This morning I went to check the trap and there was an opossum! I don’t think it’s the culprit, it looked like a baby. Gonna make sure to set the trap again tonight!
A0878132-9D40-4525-9BFA-BCE180127B15.png

Yes, normally where's a baby, there is a mama! So make sure to reset that trap so you can try to catch the culprit tonight! Raccoons can also get ducks, but whatever it is, I hope you catch it so your other ducks will stay safe!
Thank you guys so much 💕 I really just can’t believe she’s gone. Today would’ve been her 18th week!
This morning I went to check the trap and there was an opossum! I don’t think it’s the culprit, it looked like a baby. Gonna make sure to set the trap again tonight!View attachment 2807496

Yes, normally where's a baby, there is a mama! So make sure to reset that trap so you can try to catch the culprit tonight! Raccoons can also get ducks, but whatever it is, I hope you catch it so your other ducks will stay safe!
Yep! I’m kinda bouncing between raccoon and opossum, but now im leaning more raccoon, but I just have no idea! Ugh I wish I had a camera out there.

We also lost a duckling on its very first night outside in a reinforced dog crate that we had been using for ducks for nearly 10 years. Raccoon(?) discovered that there was an inch of wall below the door that hadn't been wrapped in hardware cloth and took advantage of it. It was an awful sight and just got wrenching because I had failed to protect them.
I think the babies just don't understand the predators are a threat the first time they see them and don't know to move away from the wall.

Back
Top Bottom