The Diet Doth Confuseth Me! (Renal Diet Thread)

Pics
That’s amazing!! Thank you!! Gonna try this.
You are very welcome & hope it grows well for you! They say it flowers, but mine have not. I don't fertilize other than tossing the occasional chicken droppings on it. I only have 3 & they live in dog cages on the screened porch, so it's not much poop. I may shake the paper over the pot & do the same with the roses. The roses respond well.

You are very welcome & hope it grows well for you! They say it flowers, but mine have not. I don't fertilize other than tossing the occasional chicken droppings on it. I only have 3 & they live in dog cages on the screened porch, so it's not much poop. I may shake the paper over the pot & do the same with the roses. The roses respond well.

Thanks again!! Does regular grocery store root work or does it have to be a special kind? I have lots of chickens and multiple compost piles so plenty of fertilizer. :D

Thanks again!! Does regular grocery store root work or does it have to be a special kind? I have lots of chickens and multiple compost piles so plenty of fertilizer. :D
Just whatever you find at the grocery store. I've had mine going for years now. The leaves are also edible, but I just use the roots. They also say you can grind & dry, but it's so humid here I just use it fresh from the pot.

Just whatever you find at the grocery store. I've had mine going for years now. The leaves are also edible, but I just use the roots. They also say you can grind & dry, but it's so humid here I just use it fresh from the pot.

Thanks again! Very helpful! One last question (so sorry, Blooie, for hijacking :oops: )... do you just use regular potting soil or??

Thanks!! That makes sense. I would assume it has to have no fertilizer or whatever in it so it’s safe to eat?
Honestly I've not paid attention & often reuse dirt from previous potted plants. I'm all about reuse, repurpose, keep it going! If I use any fertilizer on anything at my house it's Miracle-Gro, fish emulsion or kelp. I use it on my orchids weekly & just try to rotate -- weakly, weekly.

Honestly I've not paid attention & often reuse dirt from previous potted plants. I'm all about reuse, repurpose, keep it going! If I use any fertilizer on anything at my house it's Miracle-Gro, fish emulsion or kelp. I use it on my orchids weekly & just try to rotate -- weakly, weekly.

Thanks!! This is very helpful!! :D I think I still have some leftover potting soil and seed starter from last year and a lot of pots lying around so I’ll go get some soon and try this! :D

I do have some pepper plants I overwintered too.

Thanks!! This is very helpful!! :D I think I still have some leftover potting soil and seed starter from last year and a lot of pots lying around so I’ll go get some soon and try this! :D

I do have some pepper plants I overwintered too.
I find it easy to grow. It will take a while to come up, so don't despair. When the leaves die back in Fall/Winter I just pull/cut them off & bring it into the porch otherwise the chickens dig in the pot. They leave it alone during the growing season though. I wish you much success!!

I find it easy to grow. It will take a while to come up, so don't despair. When the leaves die back in Fall/Winter I just pull/cut them off & bring it into the porch otherwise the chickens dig in the pot. They leave it alone during the growing season though. I wish you much success!!

Thank you very much!! You’ve been very helpful!!!

Back
Top Bottom