The Diet Doth Confuseth Me! (Renal Diet Thread)

Pics
Thank you very much!! You’ve been very helpful!!!
You are very welcome!!! The thing about Florida is EVERYTHING grows good & bad -bugs, invasive species, mold, mildew & plants galore. Oh dont water until you see leaves. If your soil is super dry then maybe just a splash to moisten, but only if bone dry. Ya figure it's not growing yet so no way to intake moisture & will rot.

Cauliflower mash is a good sub for taters- just cook till soft & mash, season & top with some fresh herbs & a splash of EVOO if you must. Can you have asparagus? If so make soup - a little onion & garlic sweat a bit season how you like (I like S & P, dried mustard, red pepper flakes or cayenne) add asparagus cut in small/tiny pieces sweat a minute or two cover with H2O maybe an inch over veg & simmer covered ~20 mins. Cool slightly & put in blender to smooth or if you have an immersion blender use that. I finish with a squeeze of lemon & fresh chives. Sometimes I add some raw rice with the asparagus just a scoop will add body once blended. I've also added boiled egg both before blending or chopped as a topping when serving - think sort of like hollandaise.
Forgot to mention this is also good cold as I just had a cup cold. You can also add a bit of cream or non-dairy milk, but I prefer the pure delicate taste of asparagus.

You are very welcome!!! The thing about Florida is EVERYTHING grows good & bad -bugs, invasive species, mold, mildew & plants galore. Oh dont water until you see leaves. If your soil is super dry then maybe just a splash to moisten, but only if bone dry. Ya figure it's not growing yet so no way to intake moisture & will rot.

Oh yeah I can imagine! I could never deal with mosquitoes year round and all the other bugs you guys have! Don’t like snakes and stuff either. :sick and thanks! That’s helpful! Knowing me I would drown it :lau :th

Forgot to mention this is also good cold as I just had a cup cold. You can also add a bit of cream or non-dairy milk, but I prefer the pure delicate taste of asparagus.

I normally hate asparagus but it might be good!! I actually had some one time at a restaurant and I think it was grilled or roasted or something and it was actually really good! And I normally hate it. So I think it depends on how it’s cooked!! Think it had some sort of sauce or glaze or something too and maybe cheese but can’t remember. So @Blooie even if you think you hate something, try cooking it a different way or with different seasonings and you may find you actually like it!!

I normally hate asparagus but it might be good!! I actually had some one time at a restaurant and I think it was grilled or roasted or something and it was actually really good! And I normally hate it. So I think it depends on how it’s cooked!! Think it had some sort of sauce or glaze or something too and maybe cheese but can’t remember. So @Blooie even if you think you hate something, try cooking it a different way or with different seasonings and you may find you actually like it!!
That is very true - I used to dislike broccoli, but now I love it with lemon & red pepper flakes.

Oh yeah I can imagine! I could never deal with mosquitoes year round and all the other bugs you guys have! Don’t like snakes and stuff either. :sick and thanks! That’s helpful! Knowing me I would drown it :lau :th
Yup skeeters 24/7/366 and we had no winter this year, so bugs will be swarming. I've had snakes in the hpuse before, but non-venomous & only twice.

The only way to cook asparagus is grilled or roasted, IMHO.
Cabbage looks to be on your diet, @Blooie, and that is delicious roasted with garlic. I add salt and pepper but it would be good with Mrs Dash too. I cut it into steaks before roasting, from top to bottom so that the stem holds the steak together. It takes a long time, like 45 min.

The only way to cook asparagus is grilled or roasted, IMHO.
Cabbage looks to be on your diet, @Blooie, and that is delicious roasted with garlic. I add salt and pepper but it would be good with Mrs Dash too. I cut it into steaks before roasting, from top to bottom so that the stem holds the steak together. It takes a long time, like 45 min.

That's a good way of cooking cauliflower too...cut into steaks, season and roasted. Yum!

That's a good way of cooking cauliflower too...cut into steaks, season and roasted. Yum!
I do that too. Actually I use this recipe, Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower. It could easily be adapted to Blooie's diet by omitting the parmesan. Just the onion, garlic and cauliflower with a little salt-free seasoning would be good!

Back
Top Bottom