The Diet Doth Confuseth Me! (Renal Diet Thread)

Yay, you! Your courage and determination are inspiring. I'm down another 2 lbs. šŸ¤—

Meanwhile Iā€™ve been gaining :lau :oops: or I was for a bit. Think Iā€™ve finally stopped but gotta drop back down now. Next week should help.... dog sitting two young, very active dogs for 4 days. :th

Anyway, I agree!! Very inspirational!! :hugs

Yay, you! Your courage and determination are inspiring. I'm down another 2 lbs. šŸ¤—

Yayyyy for you, too!!! Iā€™m not sure how inspirational someone floundering in the dark can be! Youā€™re the one doing the work! :clap:clap

Meanwhile Iā€™ve been gaining :lau :oops: or I was for a bit. Think Iā€™ve finally stopped but gotta drop back down now. Next week should help.... dog sitting two young, very active dogs for 4 days. :th

Anyway, I agree!! Very inspirational!! :hugs

Youā€˜ve known me long enough to know that I can be snippy, outspoken, opinionated and stubborn, but ā€œinspirationalā€? Kelsey, youā€˜ve been sniffing cat food again, havenā€™t you? :old:lau

Bruce, Iā€™d have been deliriously happy with a badly photocopied handout, let alone a pamphlet! I got nada....zip....nothing. And I still havenā€™t had a call from the dietitian. Iā€™m gonna talk to the nephrologist about that on a Thursday, make no mistake!

Been an interesting couple of days! We had an event to attend on Wednesday night and the ladies there put on one heck of a spread. Problem was there wasnā€™t a thing on the groaning tables that I could eat. Ham, (sodium, phosphorous, potassium), scalloped potatoes (potassium and phosphorous), corn casserole (canned corn, so sodium and potassium), my favorite salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in salty vinegar dressing, loaves of homemade wheat bread (Iā€™m on white bread only), and an entire table full of home baked pies. Oh, wait....I lied! I did get about a third of a slice of meringue off the lemon meringue pie, because I can have egg whites!

Note to self: Next time Ken has a Masonic event, pack a sack lunch!

But!!! Today, Feb 29th, was our 52nd anniversary.....or 13th, depending on how you count it. Anyway, we went up to Billings. Ken loves Texas Road House, so thatā€™s where we ate. Oh, how I wanted a Dallas Filet, med rare, a baked potato with butter and sour cream, and a big house salad slathered with Blue Cheese dressing. But I ordered the small grilled salmon, had a tiny piece of Kenā€™s baked potato, and got the salad but ordered it with no egg, no tomato, and no cheese. Then I did what we call ā€the fork saladā€. Instead of pouring the dressing on, I just dipped my fork in the dressing, then stabbed the salad greens. That way I got the flavor, but the little cup of dressing was almost as full when our waitress took the salad plates as it was when she brought them out. Yayyy, me!!!

I think I can do this, guys!!!
Im just a tiny bit late, but Congratulations on your anniversary!!

Yayyyy for you, too!!! Iā€™m not sure how inspirational someone floundering in the dark can be! Youā€™re the one doing the work! :clap:clap

Youā€˜ve known me long enough to know that I can be snippy, outspoken, opinionated and stubborn, but ā€œinspirationalā€? Kelsey, youā€˜ve been sniffing cat food again, havenā€™t you? :old:lau

Bruce, Iā€™d have been deliriously happy with a badly photocopied handout, let alone a pamphlet! I got nada....zip....nothing. And I still havenā€™t had a call from the dietitian. Iā€™m gonna talk to the nephrologist about that on a Thursday, make no mistake!

:lau :gig :lau nope but I have been cuddling a cat! :p

B0F92EE2-9484-44FC-8AA5-18C3F56F5643.jpeg 639877FD-A7C2-4C40-BBE3-D3B4B01857AD.jpeg

Might just be that after watching Linda, Iā€™m paranoid! :oops:
Now you know her situation was totally different. 2 functional kidneys one day, none the next isn't the same as getting closer to failure kidneys. Hopefully you can AT LEAST stop the slide if not improve things.

And I still havenā€™t had a call from the dietitian
Plus you don't even know what s/he looks like to make an effigy!

Back
Top Bottom