The Diet Doth Confuseth Me! (Renal Diet Thread)

GFR IS UP TO 32!!!! Can’t walk upright, can’t eat worth beans, can’t figure out exactly what I can eat yet, and I’ll most likely stay here at Stage 3-B to 4, with occasional rises and falls, but he said he thought I was pretty stable! It’s working!!
Good news!:hugs

And to make the day even better, I was talking to my granddaughter, Little Diane, a few days ago about how hard it‘s been to go to places and not be able to eat, like the other night when we went to Shoshoni and I couldn’t eat a thing on the buffet table. I said I guessed I’d need to start brown-bagging it, starting with this weekend’s trip to Sheridan, and we kind of chuckled about it.

So somehow we missed seeing a package on the deck when we got home. My amazing granddaughter sent me an insulated lunch bag! With a hummingbird on it! I’m so blessed!!

GFR IS UP TO 32!!!! Can’t walk upright, can’t eat worth beans, can’t figure out exactly what I can eat yet, and I’ll most likely stay here at Stage 3-B to 4, with occasional rises and falls, but he said he thought I was pretty stable! It’s working!!

👏👏👏🤗🤗🤗💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽 that last one is me dancing for joy, or supposed to be. So happy for you! Well done!!!

And to make the day even better, I was talking to my granddaughter, Little Diane, a few days ago about how hard it‘s been to go to places and not be able to eat, like the other night when we went to Shoshoni and I couldn’t eat a thing on the buffet table. I said I guessed I’d need to start brown-bagging it, starting with this weekend’s trip to Sheridan, and we kind of chuckled about it.

So somehow we missed seeing a package on the deck when we got home. My amazing granddaughter sent me an insulated lunch bag! With a hummingbird on it! I’m so blessed!!
Now that is sweet!!! :love

When do you meet with the dietician, and have they run the full battery of tests? In addition to diet, is there any type of treatment that they think might work?

i had to stop taking Celebrex and Protonix, and no over-the-counter NSAIDS allowed either. Both are hard....I’ve had 3 surgeries just on one hip, and it can’t be fixed so my Celebrex was invaluable. The Protonix was for Barretts Esophagus. I also needed to go back to catheterizations 3x a day. I have 4 stents in each leg artery and on done in my heart, so he’s scheduled a renal ultrasound to be done as soon as possible so he can rule out blocked renal arteries. Today he took me off Tiamterene, which I took for edema in my legs, so we’ll see if I swell up like a toad now. Not sure my vascular surgeon will be happy about that.

Haven‘t met with the dietitian yet. I told him today that I’d rather stay local and drive 6 miles one way to see one than have to drive close to 100 miles one way to Billings. He said that would be fine and he’d light a fire under my primary’s hiney to get moving on that, since I’d already talked to the primary about it last week. So far something’s working, right?

“Prayer Warrior”. I love that!!!

Back
Top Bottom