The disneyland coup/run is nearing completion

Hope49_DH

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Anaheim
We just need to add the pop-door ramp, nest box landing, and the roost. Oh, and the address
smile.png
. All the trim, and hardware cloth was mounted today. Next weekend we'll get the sand from Home Depot. Hope masonry sand will work. I know the my dearest posted the original images, but since it's been a week, I felt I'd make a new post.
IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

and the "brood" waiting for their home (in a couple weeks)
IMG_0799.jpg

Just FYI, masonry sand clumps pretty badly -- builder's sand or play sand or river sand supposedly works well, but not masonry sand.

We're just building the hen's house, and I got some sand for free from Craig's list -- but I think it's masonry sand, and I'll get some builder's sand to mix in with it. Luckily, in Colorado, I have some time before any wet (snow) weather comes . . .

big_smile.png
carroll

Thanks everyone.

Coloradonewbie, the only options I can find in bulk is masonry or plasterers sand. After that I've got to buy it in little bags. I've not had any luck with the sand and gravel people around here as they want to bring a massive truckload. Guess I'll try to find someone with river sand then. Thanks for the information!

Back
Top Bottom