The disneyland coup/run is nearing completion

That coop is stunning. I am so jealous -- or maybe I should say my chickens are jealous! I wish I was even a little bit handy so I could build something pretty like that.

Your coop looks AWESOME! Love the tri-color scheme too!
big_smile.png
Chickens will be happy!

Awesome coop!!! Would you be willing to share your design/parts list for you feeders and watering system? I sure would appreciate it!

The feeders were designed from what I've seen other post here, The black one is 4" ABS drain pipe (couldn't find PVC here) and the white one is 2" pvc. Basically they consists of a short and long length of pipe, a 90 degree connector (some people use 45 degree ones to make an angle. and a pair of caps. I drilled holes using a 2" hole saw (1.5" for the PVC one) and filed the edges smooth. I left them unglued as people have said it makes it easier to clean.

The waterer was a bit more tricky. I used a length of 1.5" PVC pipe, capped on one end, and a 1.5" to 3/4" adapter that went to a 3/4" to hose end piece. The reservoir is a 5 gallon bucket that I used PVC threaded connection piece and a rubber part I found as a washer that I then siliconed into the bucket. I used an adapter to again get to 3/4" piece and to another hose end piece. Then I used a short hose between the inside waterer and the bucket. I then drilled 5 holes for the water nipples which I screwed in and put a touch of silicone to ensure sealing. I bought the nipples here http://www.qcsupply.com/farm-livest...6-poly-stainless-steel-360-degree-nipple.html. I'll get some more detailed pictures when I get home tonight.

Quote:
Based on a number of threads here a lot of people recommend sand in the run and/or coop. So we bought 2 cubic yards for the run and used about 1.5. Think Chicken Litter Box.

Quote:
you can get solar lights they are great for the coop, i found one for thirty bucks at orchelns, a little steep for me, but i have been wanting to save some money for one

Back
Top Bottom