The Do-Duck-Inn

The fellow that built this for me used about 4 sheets of pink styrofoam board insulation underneath and when we launched it, he got on it and it supported his weight in the water!

We have the first visitor to the Inn. A pair of wood ducks are giving it close inspection. Even going in the little house!

I dont know if anyone here has tried to help any turtles that are fairly big and here they get MASSIVE, but if they are in the road occasionally I'll stop and help but the big ones are very mean and aggressive. They hiss and jump towards you and snap! Okay get hit in the road if you want! Im not losing a finger for your shell! They may not reproduce until 18 but there are plenty that must be 18 at the same time here! Too many turtles this way!

* And speaking of eating ducks, they will kill ALL the fish in the pond, not just dead ones, and some people pay to stock ponds, I wouldnt let turtles eat them all up I would shoot them too. I was fishing one day and a huge turtle bit my fish as I was bringing in to the shore!

Last edited:
Sorry, I wasn't thinking of the Alligator Turtles. They can do alot of damage. And do get very large! We lived in California until just two years ago and we had a rescue/rehab for turtles (all kinds of tortoises, box turtles, pond turtles such as sliders and painted turtles). They are not aggressive. We don't have alligator turtles here and do not want them in our ponds or water ways. They are a different ball game!

I hope your new ducks live long and healthy in the new nesting home you made for them. You did a great job - its looks wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom