The Duck Thread

This duck hatching stuff makes me antsy, not just mine but everybody else's too. Got to have nerves of steel to read these posts. Can't wait to see posts of hatchlings.
pop.gif

Ok, @Julie Bird, Day 14 for the same Call egg I showed you bill and webbies in...

And here it waved its webby for you...

And this is one of Lady Greys on Day 14 too...

Last edited:
Doing good. Got it to drink already and it pooped. Belly looks good too. Now if only the chicks that hatched Wednesday & Thursday will just leave it alone!

Only hatchers get sooo happy with poop!!! I'm glad you got babies this time. And good luck with the bullying, seems to be an epidemic, even taking hold in the brooders!!

Only hatchers get sooo happy with poop!!! I'm glad you got babies this time. And good luck with the bullying, seems to be an epidemic, even taking hold in the brooders!!

I freaked out yesterday because it was still in the turner and 4 days early. I was afraid it would either die in shell like the last ones or would not absorb the yolk before hatching. But it seems to be doing fine. I have 7 more eggs still in the turner. For sure movement and sounds in 4 of them. So hopefully they will hatch "on time" :)

I freaked out yesterday because it was still in the turner and 4 days early. I was afraid it would either die in shell like the last ones or would not absorb the yolk before hatching. But it seems to be doing fine. I have 7 more eggs still in the turner. For sure movement and sounds in 4 of them. So hopefully they will hatch "on time" :)

:fl
Congrats on the adorable fluffy butt!!!

Ok, @Julie Bird, Day 14 for the same Call egg I showed you bill and webbies in...

And here it waved its webby for you...

And this is one of Lady Greys on Day 14 too...

Hoooopooooose. I see his webby. I cannot fathom this. Seeing the tiny child bird in his elgg. He is in there growing. It is a treat. How many days til hatch? Thank you for posting. What I find fascinating are the genes responsible for cute duck parts. A webby feets gene, a bill gene, a chubby cheeks gene....a cute gene.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom