The Duck Thread

She has both and everything is set up for to ducklings! I just checked on her a agin and she has moved positions.
1f642.png
1f44d-1f3fc.png
Its possible because she has food and water next to her she doesn't feel a great need to get off of the nest. So she moved but no signs of hatching?

She has both and everything is set up for to ducklings! I just checked on her a agin and she has moved positions.
1f642.png
1f44d-1f3fc.png

Its possible because she has food and water next to her she doesn't feel a great need to get off of the nest. So she moved but no signs of hatching?

X2 on this - if she's had food and water right there for the last three days that could also be a reason she's not getting up.

@Julie Bird - sometimes the ducks are just as cute with no webs, no fluffy chests, no cute tails, no pancaking and almost no bill...
lau.gif
I AM JUST CATCHING UP HERE.

WOW. AND ONE MORE TIME - WOW!! LOOK AT BUTTON AND HOW SWEET AND CUTE HER L'IL FACE IS IN THE STRAW. You are so right. These are both money shots for sure. Thank you for tagging me.

@caesargirl - Button is absolutely without any doubt beyond cute and precious here. I wish I was there to kiss her sweet little head. Silly girl. I love her.

i was feeding regular layer crumbles, but I decided to try "all flock" and all my female ducks started laying - it was hit and miss before that.

My attempt at binding for angel wing. It isn't pretty, but hopefully it works.

Wasn't as easy as the description on BYC. For the life of me I can't figure the pictures out, how do you start the wrap. Anyway...hopefully it will stay on AND I have her wing positioned properly. She was TERRIBLE!! The way she was screaming, you would have thought I was cutting off her head!!! She even tried to bite my husband. She was PI---D, with a capital "P"!! LOL I put a friend in the pen with her but the rest of "the mob" (other 3 ducklings) are NOT happy as well.

This is going to be a noisy house for the next couple of days! LOL We'll see in 7 days how we are doing. Keep you posted.

My attempt at binding for angel wing. It isn't pretty, but hopefully it works.

Wasn't as easy as the description on BYC. For the life of me I can't figure the pictures out, how do you start the wrap. Anyway...hopefully it will stay on AND I have her wing positioned properly. She was TERRIBLE!! The way she was screaming, you would have thought I was cutting off her head!!! She even tried to bite my husband. She was PI---D, with a capital "P"!! LOL I put a friend in the pen with her but the rest of "the mob" (other 3 ducklings) are NOT happy as well.

This is going to be a noisy house for the next couple of days! LOL We'll see in 7 days how we are doing. Keep you posted.
Just wondering....what % protein did you start her at and what % is she on now?

@NathanZee . This is after 3 days in the wrap. Do I need to re-wrap the wing (for angle wing)
I know the angle wing threads say to wrap for 5-7 days. But since he was caught early?? What would you do?
Started like this

And after 3 days in wrap

Thanks for all your help and advice
Linda
Just wondering... what % of protein did you start her at and what % is she on now?

Just wondering....what % protein did you start her at and what % is she on now?
I started her on Dunmor chick starter 20% just last week I have started working them over to layer pellets. I am mixing it about 1/2 and 1/2 now. I think the layer pellets are 18%. She gets green peas as a treat.

Funny, I don't think I have ever seen a madder duck! It was impossible since she was throwing herself around. Never seen anything like it. When you pick her up she is quiet in your hands, but she didn't like us messing with her wings...or anything else!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom