The Duck Thread

Glad they made it! Here are some pictures of my three. Two were going to be for a friend but I've fallen in love. They are all mine :love

those are lovely beautiful GOSLINGS. NOT DUCKLINGS
1f609.png

Last edited:
https://www.beautyofbirds.com/legbands.html#government I was reading these link for a few days and it says the bands or required by state and federal laws. But some states let you micro chip but you have to check with your state. But most of the time leg bands or still required regardless of what you do.

That's for exotic birds, and only imported ones at that. You are not required to band poultry.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my goslings. They are just so darn cute :love I'm glad I made the decision to keep all three because the two Canada goose hybrids that I bought to keep my other goose company (who were sold to me as show quality purebred American Buffs) have vanished. I have no idea where they went. Perhaps they could fly better than I realized and they've taken off with a passing flock of Canada geese. I just really can't say. So these guys will be company for my other goose.

The breeder I bought my ducklings from told me a 5lb bag of starter should last for two weeks for 10 ducklings. It's been a week and one day and I'm pretty much finished with the bag. Should I buy another bag of starter or just switch to grower? He told me to only feed them the starter for two weeks anyways. Thanks!
I would stick with starter for another week.

Decided I would like to try to mix my own growers rations following Storeys recipe. Anyone else ever done this? I can't seem to find meat and bone meal!

Quote:
My buff duck, Candy, is just quiet. I wouldn't really say she's raspy. Kinda reminds me of one of us humans when we have laryngitis...
I'm afraid you might have a drake there. Girls are very vocal. If you see a big difference between two that are the same age you probably have one of each.

Guideline Chart for Bird Leg Band Sizes

Band Size # Physical Size Fits
2 1/8" Canaries, day old Quail
3 5/32" Parakeet, 1-4 week old Quail, Doves, Cockatiels, Guinea keets
4 1/4" Baby Chicken, Coturnix Quail, small Pigeon, adult Bobwhite Quail
5 5/16" Pheasant hen, Tumblers, medium Pigeon, Homers
6 3/8" Pheasant cocks, month old Chickens, large Pigeons, Chukar Partridge, Wood Duck
7 7/16" Ringneck Pheasants, Mallards, Wild Ducks, Bantams, Feather Leg and Runt Pigeons
9 9/16" Wild Ducks, Pheasants, Leghorn hens, Ancona, Silkie, Gamebirds
10 5/8" Wild Turkey, Minorcas, Cross breeds, adult Guineas
11 11/16" Plymouth Rock hens, Wyandottes, Rhode Island Red hens, Leghorn cocks, medium Ducks: Runners, Swedish, Harlequin
12 3/4" Wild Geese, Plymouth Rock Males, Turkey hens, Geese, Jersey Giant cocks, Orpingtons, larger Ducks: Pekins, Rouens, Muscovy
14 7/8" Canada Geese, Turkeys, Honkers, Jersey Giant Cocks
Learn more information on poultry bands available from Stromberg's

Back
Top Bottom