The Duck Thread

Ducklings are very resilient little critters. I wish I had some experience with this, but I don't . . . it may have something I have seen in human littles called venous malformation. Many times in people, it's benign. Just making some educated guesses, here. If a vet is not an option, I'd just watch, make sure the wee one gets the best nutrition possible, supervised tub time, and TLC.
hugs.gif
I don't think it is venous malformation, because the spots don't stick out at all on the leg, and they are getting a little better everyday. Today it seems to be able to move the leg slightly more, but its' hard to tell. Thank you for your help! I'll keep updating on how it's doing.

I'm in need if some assistance please. I have a swim pool for my ducks now but still have a small tub of fresh clean water for them to drink from but oooh nooo will they drink from it. nup they just dirty it in literally seconds. When I empty it out there is either mud or poo at the bottom. (why one earth are they pooing in it?). How can I battle this? Also when I clean it out then refill it there is almost like an oily film left on top of the water, it not from my water as the hens water is fine it only happens with the ducks. Is this O.K? Hope Anyone Can Help Me, Thanks.
We took aone of those square kitty litter pails and cut the small part of the lod off so our ducks can drink but not play too much..

Back
Top Bottom