The Duck Thread

Thanks! Everything was going excellent with all eggs progressing as normal, it's just the humidity level at lockdown that didn't happen. I've gotten wobbles, chirps and scratches. Its just worse that I'm here at work and not there monitoring. I've assisted before so I'm not afraid to try again but pointless if I'm not there
hmm.png
Wow, that would drive me crazy! Hope they're OK ....
fl.gif
hugs.gif

Wow! My duck's feathers are beautiful! So happy!

Now I just have to wait for them to eclipse so I can accurately tell who is what sex. At least they're beautiful and outside! :yesss:

eclipse?? What does that mean?..

Most ducks- at least I know for sure Mallards and Rouens- go through an eclipse phase. First, at 8-11 weeks, they get their feathers in. They all look like females. Then they get the second set of feathers- this is the eclipse stage- which gives the males green heads. They eclipse at 10-14 weeks old.

Wow, that would drive me crazy! Hope they're OK .... :fl  :hugs

Well rushed home and there are 6 dead. 3 I don't think will make it. The late bloomer isn't ready yet so we'll see. There is one little guy that is breathing and pulling through although he still has a bit of yolk that needs to be absorbed. I'm so crushed
1f61e.png
these weren't planned, but I had to rescue them since mama duck died mid sit :/. They were growing so well and I ****ed it up with such low humidity at lockdown, they weren't even able to turn around. This has been a hard day :/

I got my first black Cayuga duck egg this morning. These two came out of the same nest.
Is there anyway to tell if eggs are fertile when they are only a day or less old?
Here is a photo of my Cayuga's who are seven months old.
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom