The Duck Thread

P.S.S. to this post. This mystery is getting interesting. Last night when I went into the duck enclosure, I found a very soft large egg, about the size of a Pekin egg. I THINK (I am no expert here) that my little girls are gearing up to lay and this was the Jumbo Pekin's first egg. This morning when I went out to let them out there was one small egg and one large egg. So I am guessing that one of the adults has quit laying and the baby Swedish has started her laying. I am assuming that one of the girls is molting as I have feathers everywhere! It looks like one of them exploded. This mystery goes on.

We will be leaving them for 3 days this weekend. They will be cooped up in their enclosure while we are gone. It will be interesting to see how many/what kind of eggs we have in there when we return. Hopefully, there won't be any in their pool, but who knows! They are ducks and do what ducks do!! LOL

I'll keep you posted!
Mandy
So, EEEEEE, Baby Swedish.

Fun, Mandy. Thank you for the updates. Aren't they so much fun?

Yup, good eye! I have four chickens amongst lord knows how many ducks. The ducks that enjoy the shower the most are the mallard sisters and their nearly grown offspring. Here they are:

Oh, by the way. Who says ducks can't perch?
wink.png

Thank you. I saw just her rear in the action video. I was able to spot cuz her rump is so different than a duck's.

OMGERSH. Your duck burds are beyond adorable. Perching on the tub. One pancaking and the others relaxing together on the lawn. Hanging out together by the tub. Their roundness is so obvious to me. Ducks are absolutely precious.

Back
Top Bottom