The Duck Thread

My new babies arrived this morning and I am already in love with all 16 of them. We got 4 Rouens, 4 Blue Swedish, 4 Golden 300s, and 4 Welsh Harlequins. There was one Rouen that was sitting off by itself after I put them in their brooder so I dipped her beek a second time in the water and she seems to have perked up and is playing with all the other and earing now. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

So precious.. Congrats!! and Hope you have a huge brooder they are going to grow fast..
smile.png

My new babies arrived this morning and I am already in love with all 16 of them. We got 4 Rouens, 4 Blue Swedish, 4 Golden 300s, and 4 Welsh Harlequins. There was one Rouen that was sitting off by itself after I put them in their brooder so I dipped her beek a second time in the water and she seems to have perked up and is playing with all the other and earing now. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Congratulations
love.gif
Sooo cute!

For anyone who doesn't normally see the Member Interviews.... @Ren2014 is super!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1140218/byc-member-interview-ren2014#post_17709999

thumbsup.gif
awwh, gees, thank you so much
hugs.gif

love.gif
What and ADORABLE little flock!!! I'm so happy for you! Are they all girls or some of each?

Ugh. My post just disappeared to add insult to injury.

Last night something got passed my electric fence and killed my beatiiful Cayuga, Cala. She had the most beautiful feathers.

2 more of my ducks are wounded and I have 3 pills I have to give them 2 times a day. I can't do it by myself. They aren't really eating right now so even when I tried to put the little one in peas they still won't eat it. Holding them and shoving down a pill by myself is too much.

I really need help. Any ideas on how I can get them to take these pills. We are all beaten, bloody, and upset.

I can't quit thinking how horrible last night must have been. I can't believe I didn't hear anything. Fixed some saggy areas in the fence and I'm closing their shed at night now. I'm so heart broken. I just can't.

@FaerieGlynne Please explain what the pills are for. Most important is to keep their wounds clean, and keep them comfortable and protected. If you have to, modify their house so that no predator can ever get at them again at night.

@FaerieGlynne
 Please explain what the pills are for.  Most important is to keep their wounds clean, and keep them comfortable and protected.  If you have to, modify their house so that no predator can ever get at them again at night. 

Modifications are made!

They have a 1/4 of a pill that is "bird ibuprofen" as the vet explained it. The other 2 are Huge antibiotics. I also have a topical that is much easier to apply. They are quarantined with their heating pad from the brooder to help keep them warm.

love.gif
What and ADORABLE little flock!!! I'm so happy for you! Are they all girls or some of each?
Thanks! Yes all girls. I have already named the smallest Blue Swedish Greta. She's a fighter. She was a little lethargic a couple hours after they arrived and looked like she was laying down when all the others were sitll running, drinking and eating. I dipped her bill a couple more times in the water to make sure she knew where to find it. About an hour later she perked right up and now today, she is right there with the other bigger girls. I am amazed that in just 24 hours, I can see a difference in their size! I could sit and watch them for hours.

Back
Top Bottom