The Duck Thread

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ZakoHero, Jan 17, 2013.

1. kada6305

kada6305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    oh good! She has about 9 eggs in there now. She is stealing everyones eggs. I have 2 other laying Duck hens so there are 3 eggs added a day. I figured she would start sittign at about 16 eggs.

2. rosiebramall

rosiebramall Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2014
    Has anyone got any ducklings for sale around the Sheffield area?

3. wildsam

wildsam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2012
    Radisson, NW Wisconsin
    Ducklings at this time of year are pretty rare. But I'm sure you could find young ducks very easy right now. And save yourself the mess of ducklinghood. Lol.

4. WeatheredWings

WeatheredWings Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Fuzzy is now about 4 1/2 months old. Is he still looking like a male? I thought he would have more red by now or is that still to come? He is our first Muscovy duck.

5. Onlyducks

Onlyducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2014
    Fuzzy looks like a female. How large is Fuzzy? Female are smaller than males—mine are about 3/4 the size of a male or less and weigh maybe 6 lbs and the male weighs about 10 lbs.

6. WeatheredWings

Apr 21, 2014
    We only have the 1, so I don't have a comparison. Not sure on his weight? I would maybe guess somewhere closer to the 6 lbs. The pics I shared on here earlier of him, people thought male, but we'll see I guess. I did get 4 babies so hopefully whatever Fuzzy is, hopefully I have an opposite for him/her to have a mate!

7. Onlyducks

Onlyducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2014
    Does Fuzzy coo (or trill) or does Fuzzy hiss. Females make a cooing sound that's quiet but quite distinct. Males mostly hiss. I have not heard my male make any sound other than hissing, though when all six get to "talking" to each other, it's kind of hard to tell. The females seem to be more inclined to make sounds, often greeting me when I let them out for the day.

8. WeatheredWings

Apr 21, 2014
    He's actually really quiet. I haven't heard him make any sounds yet to be honest with you, maybe because he's not around other ducks to chat with?

9. Jessica89

Jessica89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2014
    North Wales
    What has everyone's duckies been up to today?
    Mine had some lettuce for dinner and for the first time, Hattie and Percy ventured into the garden with Roy and Sybil.
    They are settling more and more each day.

Here are some pics taken today! (Excuse the state of my hair)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. City farm

City farm Overrun With Chickens

Jul 6, 2012
    Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.
    Our flock is doing so good.. the one black & white one came from a green egg. Anyone know what breed? She is the one in front.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by