The Duck Thread

Hi guys can I ask you a question about duck eggs? My ducks just started laying I have to Rouen hens and one rouen blue Swedish cross...

So the top two are off-white and I'm pretty sure they're from the pure bred hens, The third is a pale blue and I'm guessing that's from the cross the lower three eggs are chicken eggs... What do you guys think?

I think those are gorgeous! Niw i want a duck that lays blue or green egg's

She has stopped burying them as I have been stealing all of them... I just set 8 eggs in the bator... I had no idea why she was burying them. It's a little cold still for her to be trying to brood babies.

You would be SURPRISE on what ducks will do in the winter time. I have a couple of girls laying but they are not ready to sit yet. but last year I had one Bury herself in the dead winter, two feet of snow all around her AND she was covered with snow but she had a NICE warm nest underneath her. She cleared a spot out got to the ground and planted herself. LOL.

They will also bury the eggs to keep them warm after they have been sitting for a while so that they can take a break get something to eat and drink. So you have Several reason a duck does before getting off that nest and wandering away.

My ducks were nesting like two months ago. Crazy birds have no idea what time of year it is. Actually what got me started on byc
smile.png

LOL, I hear you, they are suppose to lay during the fall and spring but mine too are WAY off schedule. However, mine are youngsters so I'm wondering if this may have something to do with it. I have heard the heating lamps will throw off there schedule. Do you have any heating lamps going? I have two..

Back
Top Bottom