The Duck Thread

I can't believe how smart my ducklings are... They are a little over 2 weeks old.. and the last 3 days I been letting them out of the brooder cage and letting them run around our basement and today I wome them up after work this morning and they wouldn't stop peeping until I let them out of the cage So they could run around.. they are so awesome.. love it ...

Here they are chilling with me before they went to play lol

They are very smart! Mine were making a ruckus last night while we were eating and my hubby said "what do they want"... I looked at the clock and said "I'm late with their dinner"....
big_smile.png

I had read that they get used to a schedule and like being on a schedule. I just hope they get used to "my" schedule not being perfect!!

They are very smart! Mine were making a ruckus last night while we were eating and my hubby said "what do they want"... I looked at the clock and said "I'm late with their dinner"....
big_smile.png

I had read that they get used to a schedule and like being on a schedule. I just hope they get used to "my" schedule not being perfect!!

Oh no kidding. I'm horrible with schedules. I have to set an alarm to feed the dogs at night.

It's healthy for them to be wary. Try sitting near them and just toss a couple treats they like when they are looking, do it whenever you can and after a while they'll come closer and closer and start to expect you =) Don't forget to talk to them ducks are vocal and will start to recognize your voice. Mine will come when I QUACK or talk to them but not to my husband or brother lol
Thanks so much for the advice you gave me I began feeding the ducks peas a couple day ago, and already some of them are eating out of my hands! The two Khaki Campbells have become MUCH less afraid of me, and actually pretty friendly. We always talked to the chickens and chicks, but not so much the ducks. I tried it today, and the Khaki girls quacked back and came closer and closer to my face until I thought they would actually nibble on it! Your help was invaluable to us, and as a result, we now like our quackers a whole lot more.

-Alexandra33

Is it just me or are ducklings more friendly than chicks? I have two ducklings together with 3 chicks and the ducklings seem to be more curious and less skittish... They are so sweet!

Back
Top Bottom