The Duck Thread

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ZakoHero, Jan 17, 2013.

1. KuroKitsune

KuroKitsune Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Kansas
    what kind of duck eggs? and i hope they all hatch quickly and are healthy and whatever you put back incubates and hatch well too

2. Chrysolinsbirds

Chrysolinsbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Merced county, CA

Well the white eggs are from my buff bunch which I've been told are buff Orpington but idk for sure I bought a pair from someone's flyer at post office and she didn't speak English, I just know I love them. The big green ones are my Rouen hen fathered by a Rouen/buff Orpington, so I'm hoping to get more darker Rouen feathering. And they are all great layers and dress out well which is my original plan for a dual purpose heavy duck.. but even being heavies my drakes can still fly so they have nice wing muscles =) (my brothers, mother's and Grama's favorite part)

3. Chrysolinsbirds

Chrysolinsbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Merced county, CA

I almost forgot ;) but half of the green eggs are chocolate runner eggs =)

4. 18angovem

18angovem Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2014
    Warren Pennsylvania
    Wait, I am confused. You say buff orpington which is a chicken. A chicken and a duck cant have offspring? Do you mean buff ducks?

5. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    There is a Buff Orpington duck, too. Developed by the same guy who developed the Buff Orpington chicken. A buff duck is a Buff Orpington.

6. Y-Knot

Y-Knot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Loma Rica, CA
    In my opinion get at least one male and one female WH. They are gorgeous and very friendly. The rest is up to you. I have at least one of quite a few breeds. I just enjoy looking at and communing with all of them.

7. CamoBGStyle86

CamoBGStyle86 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2015
    Glen Burnie Md
    I can't believe how smart my ducklings are... They are a little over 2 weeks old.. and the last 3 days I been letting them out of the brooder cage and letting them run around our basement and today I wome them up after work this morning and they wouldn't stop peeping until I let them out of the cage So they could run around.. they are so awesome.. love it ...

Here they are chilling with me before they went to play lol [​IMG]

8. Y-Knot

Y-Knot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Loma Rica, CA
    They are very adorable.

1 person likes this.
  9. CamoBGStyle86

CamoBGStyle86 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2015
    Glen Burnie Md

Thank you