The Duck Thread

So.. anyways I've got duck eggs going into lockdown in a few days with 100% fertility
wink.png
not a clear in the bunch =) and lots of wiggling going on at last candle now I wait... planning what is going in the incubator space they're taking up will keep me busy
wink.png
what kind of duck eggs? and i hope they all hatch quickly and are healthy and whatever you put back incubates and hatch well too

what kind of duck eggs?  and i hope they all hatch quickly and are healthy and whatever you put back incubates and hatch well too

Well the white eggs are from my buff bunch which I've been told are buff Orpington but idk for sure I bought a pair from someone's flyer at post office and she didn't speak English, I just know I love them. The big green ones are my Rouen hen fathered by a Rouen/buff Orpington, so I'm hoping to get more darker Rouen feathering. And they are all great layers and dress out well which is my original plan for a dual purpose heavy duck.. but even being heavies my drakes can still fly so they have nice wing muscles =) (my brothers, mother's and Grama's favorite part)

Well the white eggs are from my buff bunch which I've been told are buff Orpington but idk for sure I bought a pair from someone's flyer at post office and she didn't speak English, I just know I love them. The big green ones are my Rouen hen fathered by a Rouen/buff Orpington, so I'm hoping to get more darker Rouen feathering. And they are all great layers and dress out well which is my original plan for a dual purpose heavy duck.. but even being heavies my drakes can still fly so they have nice wing muscles =) (my brothers, mother's and Grama's favorite part)

I almost forgot ;) but half of the green eggs are chocolate runner eggs =)

Wait, I am confused. You say buff orpington which is a chicken. A chicken and a duck cant have offspring? Do you mean buff ducks?

Wait, I am confused. You say buff orpington which is a chicken. A chicken and a duck cant have offspring? Do you mean buff ducks?

There is a Buff Orpington duck, too. Developed by the same guy who developed the Buff Orpington chicken. A buff duck is a Buff Orpington.

So should I get three welshes or 3 Rouens or 2 female Rouens and a male welsh?!!
In my opinion get at least one male and one female WH. They are gorgeous and very friendly. The rest is up to you. I have at least one of quite a few breeds. I just enjoy looking at and communing with all of them.

I can't believe how smart my ducklings are... They are a little over 2 weeks old.. and the last 3 days I been letting them out of the brooder cage and letting them run around our basement and today I wome them up after work this morning and they wouldn't stop peeping until I let them out of the cage So they could run around.. they are so awesome.. love it ...

Here they are chilling with me before they went to play lol

I can't believe how smart my ducklings are... They are a little over 2 weeks old.. and the last 3 days I been letting them out of the brooder cage and letting them run around our basement and today I wome them up after work this morning and they wouldn't stop peeping until I let them out of the cage So they could run around.. they are so awesome.. love it ...

Here they are chilling with me before they went to play lol
They are very adorable.

Back
Top Bottom