The Duck Thread

Four of my girls on their morning stroll... Every morning at 5:30 these 4 ladies circle the property and hide their eggs, except one, she walks to the duck house at the end and leaves me a big beautiful white egg in her nest! They're better than the darned Easter bunny at egg hiding! Good morning everyone and happy weekend!
Lol! I usually get 5 eggs a day and of course since we are flooded here (TX) they laid their eggs in the mud/water. I think I cried since my older son just gave away all the eggs we had in the house. Normally they all lay in the house and today I am not letting them out till 8. I'm getting ready to let them out now and hopefully we will have eggs in the house!

@needlessjunk - good morning! I haven't seen you on for a while.
@caesargirl - good morning! happy weekend is right! My Diva's bill is already looking almost completely healed. We're hoping to move the four into their adult coop this weekend, but the weather isn't cooperating. We still need a couple more coats on the floor, but not while it's raining.

I sure hope I get eggs someday. If I have 4 boys, I'll be shocked!

Last edited:
Well, we have had beautiful weather here in Maine, but that's coming to a screeching halt later! I'm hoping my Cayuga ladies will start laying before the end of summer, in the duck house, but we shall see! I'm glad Miss Diva is on the mend! Sometimes young ladies stick their noses where they don't belong!!!

[/LIST]
It could be she is low on the pecking order? Do you have another pool

Its a 5 foot round pool so should be enough. Even if there is only 2 ducks in the pool he (I am pretty sure its a he since this one is obviously larger than the other 2) wont go in. I wonder if he is afraid of the ramp. I will fill up the smaller kiddie pool later today and see if he will go in.

Four of my girls on their morning stroll... Every morning at 5:30 these 4 ladies circle the property and hide their eggs, except one, she walks to the duck house at the end and leaves me a big beautiful white egg in her nest! They're better than the darned Easter bunny at egg hiding! Good morning everyone and happy weekend!

Being a Duck owner if ya will call it that ok, anyway you are right but my kids and grand kids are far better then most kids when it comes to finding egg's at Easter time then the other kids ...... So funny ....

Being a Duck owner if ya will call it that ok, anyway you are right but my kids and grand kids are far better then most kids when it comes to finding egg's at Easter time then the other kids ...... So funny ....
Well, when my Cayuga ladies finally start laying, you may have to send them up here.... Black/olive eggs laid in the woods... I could be in some eggless trouble!!!!

Haha never thought before about the advantage that "farm" kids have! Lol

[/LIST]
It could be she is low on the pecking order? Do you have another pool

Its a 5 foot round pool so should be enough. Even if there is only 2 ducks in the pool he (I am pretty sure its a he since this one is obviously larger than the other 2) wont go in. I wonder if he is afraid of the ramp. I will fill up the smaller kiddie pool later today and see if he will go in.

Poor girl, she looks like she wants to get in & play.. Yeah it could be the ramp.. Can you get a hold of her & help her walk up the ramp into the pool?
I did that for our couple a few times..

Well, we have had beautiful weather here in Maine, but that's coming to a screeching halt later! I'm hoping my Cayuga ladies will start laying before the end of summer, in the duck house, but we shall see! I'm glad Miss Diva is on the mend! Sometimes young ladies stick their noses where they don't belong!!!

:lau

Heres a pic of most of them in the pool

This is a priceless photo.. Love it.. They are spoiled.. :goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom