The Duck Thread

I found my first duck egg this morning! Actually my first 2 eggs. I didn't really expect her to lay this year, so I hadn't paid as much attention. But when I went out this morning, there was an egg, so I looked around and found another! Have to be from yesterday and the day before. One was half hidden, so I understand why I missed it.

Yeah, my girl is laying!!!
wee.gif

I found my first duck egg this morning!  Actually my first 2 eggs.  I didn't really expect her to lay this year, so I hadn't paid as much attention.  But when I went out this morning, there was an egg, so I looked around and found another!  Have to be from yesterday and the day before.  One was half hidden, so I understand why I missed it. 

Yeah, my girl is laying!!!  :weee

:bun :bun :bun

I can't wait til Lady Grey starts laying...

I found my first duck egg this morning! Actually my first 2 eggs. I didn't really expect her to lay this year, so I hadn't paid as much attention. But when I went out this morning, there was an egg, so I looked around and found another! Have to be from yesterday and the day before. One was half hidden, so I understand why I missed it.

Yeah, my girl is laying!!!
wee.gif

Does this mean babies are in your/her future?

Does this mean babies are in your/her future?

I'm not sure I want any more Swedish ducks. I have chickens too, and they are much easier and more practical for us. Not to mention, I want Calls next, so....
But on the other hand, I do have a renter who wants some ducks for her pond, so I might be inclined to let her twist my arm to hatch some of Juice's babies...
wink.png

I'm not sure I want any more Swedish ducks. I have chickens too, and they are much easier and more practical for us. Not to mention, I want Calls next, so....
But on the other hand, I do have a renter who wants some ducks for her pond, so I might be inclined to let her twist my arm to hatch some of Juice's babies...
wink.png

We have Calls right now that are ready to go.
big_smile.png

If I have a drake and get another drake. Will they fight? My Drake needs company. Should I just get a cpl females?

Drakes of similar size often get along fine as long as there's no female in the vicinity.

Don't forget that you'll need to account for a separate place for your new one for a couple of weeks if it doesn't come from an NPIP facility.

Babies or eggs? I want eggs.... next spring.

I looked and you aren't terribly far from me. I don't like shipped eggs. But my husband travels to Martinsburg WV fairly often, I could probably coax him on over your way some day...

I'm really sorry but we don't sell eggs. The reason for that is that any given egg could potentially contain the best duck we're going to get in that season. We also don't sell ducklings because you can't grade them at that stage, mostly. We have some very nice young ducks right now, 3-5 months old, but not babies.

Back
Top Bottom