The Duck Thread

Probably a good idea that way hopefully the weather will be warm and they will have a better chance of making it. Congrats on your new ducklings when you get them and also on your brothers wedding.
thumbsup.gif

have you ever order chicks where they had to ship them??

have you ever order chicks where they had to ship them??
Nope I haven't but just from reading here I know it's not a good idea to have them shipped when it's extremely cold or hot, nice spring weather or nice fall weather. And read all you can so when you get yours you'll know exactly how to care for them and give them the best start possible. Have you read the Caring for baby ducks sticky?

Oh no... ): It got suuuuper cold! I don't think my Mallard's eggs will be alive now, if they were even fertile to begin with. It snowed this morning all to this evening. She's been on them all day long, though.

Oh no... ): It got suuuuper cold! I don't think my Mallard's eggs will be alive now, if they were even fertile to begin with. It snowed this morning all to this evening. She's been on them all day long, though.
If she is sitting on them they should be okay, but when they hatch you want to put her and the duckling in a safe, dry, warm place so she can care for them.

Hello everyone!

We have 10 ducks- Goonder, the lead male, Gunter and Gunther, the lower males, Princess Bubblegum, the lead female, and everyone else who don't have any position- Tree Trunks, Lady Rainicorn, Beemo, LSP, Flame Princess, and Marceline. Marcy has always been at the bottom of the flock, poor girl. Last Sunday, I went outside, and she was dripping blood from her side. The lower males were harassing her and plucked out a few feathers. We brought her inside, and she has been sitting in a coop in the living room and bathing in the tub.

We brought in Princess Bubblegum, pictured above, for a playdate yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom