The Duck Thread

Frozen the last 4 mornings here. California foothills. My ducks yell at me until I break the ice on their pond.
I had to dump pools this evening suppose to be 20 for low and 20 for highs. today it was 60. Don't remember when we had 60 in Jan. Wed low 3
hide.gif

My ducks, goose, turkey, chickens and even the goats eat 22% layer pellets. They all free range together. They get kitchen scraps and treats. I haven't had anybisdyes with any of them. Now the goat people will ho crazy to hear me say that but they would leave their food for the birds do I stopped buying it. Their have free choice hay. I have the healthiest goats around so I do what works. I used to panic, but gave up and let them eat what they want. I don't leave feed out free choice so they can't founder their selves on it.

I had to start feeding the cats before I turn the other animals out and after I lock them up. They got chased away by the ducks.

Looks like I missed a whole page of post. LOL. I'm in North Georgia. Crazy weather here. Thunderstorms and flooding yesterday, 68* today, down in the 20's Tuesday...

Good grief I just checked the forecast. Its supposed to be 5* Wednesday night and 28* tonight. Glad we got out and enjoyed the sunshine today. All that mud will be frozen. Now is not when I enjoy my feather legged bantam.

Last edited:
Gosh u all have so WARM!!! I'm in NW Wisconsin and these are the current temps. Yes, the writing is german but the temps are in F! And the wind chills are making the entire thing colder by about 20 more degrees! Brrr

Back
Top Bottom