The Duck Thread

Well thank you! Maybe you could post more pics of Diva and let folks vote for a new name!

Good idea! Maybe you should pick 3 or 4 names as choices & then I can put it to a vote. Diva definitely fits his personality. He's the one laying down & eating while the other 3 are foraging. He's always the last one in the pool & often the last one out.

@awdaffy15 - I use pine shavings. There's been some dust, but nothing has seemed bothersome to the ducks or myself.

I've been using pine shavings for my ducks cage and today i noticed how powdery they were. I know birds are sensitive to stuff like that, does anyone else use pine shavings? Is there something better? And also can this hurt her?
I've used pine shaving for years I get the thick kind for horses bedding all of it is dusty but I don't think this is quite as bad as some I've bought.

This was their first molt, so I'm not sure what is normal, but they just seemed to lose like maybe a third to half of their feathers. Their chests were the most noticeable as being thinned out. Scruffy looking, but not nearly bald. Kinda like grandma when her hair starts thinning lol! And be on the lookout for a rump-shot... its too cute.

Agree Deb... isn't Julie just the sweetest? And I am still unsure if I have 3/1 or 4 girls also... I may even have 2/2! I think Opie is more of a boy's name, but she is definitely one of my girls. Her name is not changing. But Diva? Yea, you may have to call "him" something else! LOL And good news on his bill! (hey, call him Bill... lol)

Well we can Nominate her...

Just came across this crested duck. Was hoping to figure out the sex and was curious t see if it would breed with a Pekin?

Just came across this crested duck. Was hoping to figure out the sex and was curious t see if it would breed with a Pekin?
my guess is female because I don't see and curled up tail feathers, but I'm not positive I'd need a better look and yes it definitely would! :)

I don't know. It was given to me today. From the looks of her maybe several months. She looks full grown. Looks about the size of our male pekin.

So glad that it's probably a female! Is it still breeding season for ducks?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom