The Duck Thread

welcome i love to help
hugs.gif

nibbling question...I call it piddling when they do it in water...this is the way they eat and explore so they do nibble your feet and fingers if you are the lovely thing that brings food

Ok soooo I check the incubator with the chicken eggs and yes I see growth
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
....BUT when I checked the incubator with the duck eggs nothing
1f622.png
1f622.png
I put in both batches Monday should I be scared for them....can't help to feel anxious. I would really love to hatch my own eggs and raise more ducklings

Ok soooo I check the incubator with the chicken eggs and yes I see growth
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
....BUT when I checked the incubator with the duck eggs nothing
1f622.png
1f622.png
I put in both batches Monday should I be scared for them....can't help to feel anxious. I would really love to hatch my own eggs and raise more ducklings
Give them a few more days. Ducks take longer to hatch anyway so I would assume they take longer to develop.

Qbert has been here a week now. Looks do be doing well and still spends plenty of time in my shoulder.

Still hoping for a drake. Anyone here own or ever owned wood ducks would love to run some questions across....
Go to the ornamental thread that is where most who own wood ducks hang out. That is such a cutie. Why are you hoping for a drake most are hoping for female.

Thanks... Opie is a ham lol

How many eggs, and how do the others look? Are they all the same breed? Are you sure about the dates? Sorry, I'm just trying to figure why it would be so early. And also I apologize... I know I have seen your posts before, I'm just too old for my memory to keep track of who has what. Honestly, I would think survival possibility could be good. They come out when they are ready. My fear would be unabsorbed yolk, but that can be managed.

HAHA! I love it!

My boy isn't acting that way yet, even at 12 weeks. Mine seems more timid... so far....

She would love a squeeze from you!
wink.png
And as cute as Opie is I'd never leave her alone. Not my fault she is the way she is!!

Back
Top Bottom