The Duck Thread

Guess the breed folks!

Gracie

Twilight

River - crested!!!

Faith

got them all two days old from a friend. Possible breeds black and blue swedish, runner, muscovy, pekin or a mix breed of the aboved mentioned breeds. Thanks for any help u guys can givw me. My guess is two blue swedish, one black swedish and hopefully a crested runner!

Guess the breed folks!

Gracie

Twilight

River - crested!!!

Faith

got them all two days old from a friend. Possible breeds black and blue swedish, runner, muscovy, pekin or a mix breed of the aboved mentioned breeds. Thanks for any help u guys can givw me. My guess is two blue swedish, one black swedish and hopefully a crested runner!
Looks like a blue Swedish, black Swedish, welsh harlequin but since that isn't possible I would say mix, and black Swedish. None look like Muscovies, runners or Perkins. They are very cute. Have you seen this? https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711

Last edited:
HI BYC!

Just checking to to let you know I really haven't dropped off the map. Well, mostly. I'm a small business owner, and business has been booming, so I haven't had much forum time to stop by and visit. I miss this place!

https://goo.gl/photos/dzqAr42868Vc4GNd8 <--- video of ducks in their new pool

My girls are all grown up now!

We have fixed the pool... there is 3/4 round gravel (smooth round river rock) around it to keep the mud out of the pool and help with drainage. They LOVE their pool.

There is a drain in the bottom that drains down into about a foot (or more) of gravel, it's working well so far. Hard to get the mud out of the bottom, but it's doable.

Ok guys I need some help/advice. Idk if my set up is wrong or what, but my 4 ducks are going through about 5 to 6 gallons of water a day. I bought one of those chick fountain water bowls and it holds a gallon of water. I've tried raising the water feeder higher and that didn't help. I know a lot of it they are just "throwing" out of it when they eat but it seems like a lot to me. Any advice on how to fix it or is it just how it is? The ducks are about 3 weeks old now and are WH.

Ok guys I need some help/advice. Idk if my set up is wrong or what, but my 4 ducks are going through about 5 to 6 gallons of water a day. I bought one of those chick fountain water bowls and it holds a gallon of water. I've tried raising the water feeder higher and that didn't help. I know a lot of it they are just "throwing" out of it when they eat but it seems like a lot to me. Any advice on how to fix it or is it just how it is? The ducks are about 3 weeks old now and are WH.
i had three ducklings who could empty a black rubber tub that held 6 or 7 gallons of water in a few hours just from playing in it....if yours are outside and its hot out then that'll make the go through water even more but ducks will go through endless amounts of water not only to wash their bills and drink but just plain playing in it

Back
Top Bottom