The Duck Thread

Drat! Don't you just hate when you've seen something incredibly helpful here on BYC and you know you'll want to refer back to it later...but then later comes & you can't find it??? Maybe I'm the only one with such a bad memory that I can't remember where I saw it.

My fly problem has gotten out of hand. The fly predators are on the way, but I also want to keep the duck pellets in something more closed than what I'm using now, which is just a dog food bowl with a big rock in it to weigh it down.
idunno.gif

I recently saw these buckets (5 gal, I think) with 90 degree bends coming out of them. I need to send the pic to my dbf since he says he'll make one for me. Anyone know where those are? Also, anyone know how these bend things are kept in place?
big_smile.png

Drat! Don't you just hate when you've seen something incredibly helpful here on BYC and you know you'll want to refer back to it later...but then later comes & you can't find it??? Maybe I'm the only one with such a bad memory that I can't remember where I saw it.

My fly problem has gotten out of hand. The fly predators are on the way, but I also want to keep the duck pellets in something more closed than what I'm using now, which is just a dog food bowl with a big rock in it to weigh it down.
idunno.gif

I recently saw these buckets (5 gal, I think) with 90 degree bends coming out of them. I need to send the pic to my dbf since he says he'll make one for me. Anyone know where those are? Also, anyone know how these bend things are kept in place?
big_smile.png

I also suffer from CRS (can't remember stuff), so what I do is google for some of the key words. Did the bucket have mods or was it in a holder like this:

-Kathy

I also suffer from CRS (can't remember stuff), so what I do is google for some of the key words. Did the bucket have mods or was it in a holder like this:

-Kathy

Yeah, funny thing...I can't access search engines at work. (I was shocked when I could access BYC.
big_smile.png
) It wasn't in any kind of holder. There were holes cut in the bucket so these white bend things could stick out.

LOL...yes, I definitely suffer from CRS. That's funny!!

Last edited:
First time attempting to hatch has been a total bust...no chicks eggs at day 22
1f631.png
no ducklings. To try again or not...I'm so unsure. Anyone have success with still air LG incubator

I think @AmyLynn2374 has some experience with them.

-Kathy
I use the 9200LG Fan kit was added to mine, but the only big thing that changes is temps. Hatching methods are the same. I do chicks and use a low humidity incubation method. My last two hatches were 92% and 100%. I can give some tips, but it'd also be helpful to know what model the LG is. The 9300 has it's own quirks, I'm not real familiar with the 10300, but what little I've heard with them isn't far from the 9300.

Back
Top Bottom