The Duck Thread

Thanks! That's an opal one, not a regular India Blue. Come to think of it I think most people don't realize they're called peafowl, they just think the whole species is called peacock
smile.png
I always crack up when I see breeders list them as 'peacock' hatching eggs. I'm like, alright, are you saying they'll all hatch into males or that your peacocks are laying eggs? Because if your peacocks are laying eggs, I could use some male birds that lay, lol.

yuckyuck.gif

Thanks! That's an opal one, not a regular India Blue. Come to think of it I think most people don't realize they're called peafowl, they just think the whole species is called peacock :) I always crack up when I see breeders list them as 'peacock' hatching eggs. I'm like, alright, are you saying they'll all hatch into males or that your peacocks are laying eggs? Because if your peacocks are laying eggs, I could use some male birds that lay, lol.
Lol!!!!!'
No, I have never heard of peafowl.  I thought they were their own breed of bird separate from peacocks.  Thanks for informing me.  Yours are so cute.  I love the big eyes.  I am familiar with peacocks and thought nothing beyond them let alone separating their names into pea(cock), male and pea(hen), female.  Fun learning new things on here.
took me a min to figure it out too. I think everyone just assumes they are all peacocks. I never knew there was a difference till being on here and having people talk about them. We lamps have to watch out for each other ;)

Last edited:
You've never heard of peafowl? Like peahens and peacocks? Here's my baby at about two weeks old:

They're not like quail :)
Where can you get peafowl? Or at least how did you get ahold of yours? I've been interested in getting those and turkeys. :) right now it's just ducks, chickens, and two pheasants

Back
Top Bottom