The Duck Thread

Qbert doing much better.
smile.png
thumbsup.gif
Yay!!

Hi everyone! I'm back! About six days ago I posted saying that I had a single egg that *should* be fertilized by my late, sweet duck, a khaki campbell that my neighbor didn't put away one night while watching our house. The mom is a white pekin.
I got a very basic still air incubator today. It's been plugged in for about 5 hours and steadily at 100 degrees for the last three hours (I checked the thermometer that I placed inside by comparing it to a thermometer that I know is accurate). The humidity is kind of high (70%) but the air itself around here and in my house is even higher than that. I plan on placing the egg inside tonight. I'm not going to be too upset if the egg doesn't hatch - it is, after all, a single, week-old egg. But I'll be elated if it works out!
Any tips, tricks, or suggestions?

Hi everyone! I'm back! About six days ago I posted saying that I had a single egg that *should* be fertilized by my late, sweet duck, a khaki campbell that my neighbor didn't put away one night while watching our house. The mom is a white pekin.
I got a very basic still air incubator today. It's been plugged in for about 5 hours and steadily at 100 degrees for the last three hours (I checked the thermometer that I placed inside by comparing it to a thermometer that I know is accurate). The humidity is kind of high (70%) but the air itself around here and in my house is even higher than that. I plan on placing the egg inside tonight. I'm not going to be too upset if the egg doesn't hatch - it is, after all, a single, week-old egg. But I'll be elated if it works out!
Any tips, tricks, or suggestions?
Have you seen the two hatching threads on the Duck Forum Stickies list?

Hey guys! It's been awhile since I've been on here. We have been crazy busy getting the duck and chicken coops and pens ready! The ducks are now outside and love their new place and I love the fact that my house is a little less stinky! Lol anyway I thought I would share some pics of the girls so you guys can see how much they have grown! Hope you like them!

Back
Top Bottom