The Duck Thread

Hey, guys, sorry for yet ANOTHER question concerning the same duck!
hide.gif
As I was preparing to mow the yard today, I noticed that one of my Mallard girls is "walking" (rather, dragging herself along) oddly. Any idea what might be causing this? She seems to be okay otherwise; eating, drinking, and foraging normally.
idunno.gif

0.jpg

~Alex

So, I have two 6 week old ducks and two 1 1/2 month old ducks. 3 of them hang out together and usually stick together. But the other guy is a bit of a loner. He just keeps to himself. Is that normal? I thought ducks loved the company of other ducks

hide.gif
As I was preparing to mow the yard today, I noticed that one of my Mallard girls is "walking" (rather, dragging herself along) oddly. Any idea what might be causing this? She seems to be okay otherwise; eating, drinking, and foraging normally.
idunno.gif

0.jpg

~Alex
No clue but more questions... Is that the only way she is walking? Or, does she walk normally some and then dragging some? How is she acting in water? Can you put her in some water and then watch for her preening and stretching out her wings to she if she gets up or stays squatting?

No clue but more questions... Is that the only way she is walking? Or, does she walk normally some and then dragging some? How is she acting in water? Can you put her in some water and then watch for her preening and stretching out her wings to she if she gets up or stays squatting?
Celine does start to walk normally when we approach her, since she's not too keen on people and is interested in getting away. Then, she gradually starts sagging again the longer she waddles along. I'll try putting her in the pond to see what she does.
big_smile.png
Thanks for the suggestion!

~Alex

hide.gif
idunno.gif

0.jpg

~Alex
Did you check her feet for cuts, bruises, sores, bumblefoot, etc?

Celine does start to walk normally when we approach her, since she's not too keen on people and is interested in getting away. Then, she gradually starts sagging again the longer she waddles along. I'll try putting her in the pond to see what she does.
big_smile.png
Thanks for the suggestion!

~Alex
Is she laying eggs regularly? She could be egg bound
idunno.gif

Last edited:
hide.gif
idunno.gif

0.jpg

~Alex
@Amiga
@Miss Lydia
@RubyNala97
@jtn42248
@Pyxis
??

Last edited:
Hey, guys, sorry for yet ANOTHER question concerning the same duck! :oops: As I was preparing to mow the yard today, I noticed that one of my Mallard girls is "walking" (rather, dragging herself along) oddly. Any idea what might be causing this? She seems to be okay otherwise; eating, drinking, and foraging normally. :idunno ~Alex
@Amiga @Miss Lydia @RubyNala97 @jtn42248 @Pyxis ??
I'm going to second checking her for bumblefoot etc because in that video when she does get up and start walking semi normally at the end she seems to be really limping on her left leg. Any way she could have injured it, perhaps a sprain or even a break?

Back
Top Bottom