The Duck Thread

I can't get it better. I need something to hold it close.not cover it up. It will only kill her.stoping incubation will not solve the issue.

She can't go to bathroom at all I can separate. I can't bandage it will not stick I have all ready done these….i have all ready did ointment .she only 24 hrs old.she needs heat.. she will die in the small Carrier she can't escape heat. And for all in water even with marbles in it.hers is different because I see it in the vent. Please don't kill her.i delt with some of it but the could go a little.she can't go.it will not go in.it will not close.
she not OK please stop parlizing my family.my phone and computer system.we deserve help
Most of this is difficult to understand without being there. Do you have a friend that can come over to help you?

Last edited:
I can't get that top vent shot without pushing the bottom in. It's a struggle holding her and the tablet. My partner at work so I can't use his phone. I limited on space on his phone. It's a work phone. That's why he got me the tablet.

I can't get that top vent shot without pushing the bottom in. It's a struggle holding her and the tablet. My partner at work so I can't use his phone. I limited on space on his phone. It's a work phone. That's why he got me the tablet.
Have you tried some prep h or Vaseline on her vent if she can't poop she won't make it long. Who said a turtle got her?

I'm really worried about the amount of blood Fred has lost. everytime he shakes, fresh blood drips. Are these blood feathers that I have circled? Should I try to pull them?? Still no wound found and this is not at his vent. He's pooping just fine, no blood. @Miss Lydia
@Amiga
@WVduckchick
@Pyxis
@jchny2000
@casportpony

Anyone??
I would not pull any feathers, though I would clip them to half an inch around the wound.

There is a product to stop wounds from bleeding. You might even try cornstarch pressed onto the wound to stop the bleeding. edit to remove request for a new thread

Okay, I was able to go back and catch up.

I would definitely clip the feathers with a nail clipper - just to half an inch long . . . I would try corn starch or flour to stop the bleeding. There is something called styptic powder, or this product http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/woundseal-powder-to-stop-bleeding/ID=prod6099456-product

That is what I would work on first. I just read that these kinds of wounds can have a hematoma (bruise) under them. So initially, I would concentrate on managing the bleeding.

So I'd keep him inside, out of water for now, and try to get the bleeding to stop. Feed him normal food, plus some vitamins in his water at least a couple of times a week. I would want to keep him in for a number of reasons, including fly strike.

hugs.gif

@Ren2014

Last edited:
So I'm gonna let my ducks free range today will they come back to the coupe tonight they have been in the run for about month and about two hundred yards from them is a pond
1f37a.png
here's to hoping they come back

So I'm gonna let my ducks free range today will they come back to the coupe tonight they have been in the run for about month and about two hundred yards from them is a pond
1f37a.png
Don't leave any food out for them during the day, instead bring some out in the evening a few hours before dark to entice them back.

I used to fill the hopper and make sure it was always full but they would come and go during the day but started to not come back. Got them in and kept them in the run for a few months and now I just bring out food twice a day. They seem to be back to the habit of coming back for their dinner... now if only ex-broody would lay me an egg....

1f37a.png
If they find the pond you may have a problem. feed them right at their house Only.. and at 1 month old they are really too young to be on a large pond they can be very vulnerable to snapping turtles and flying predators also.I believe I'd keep them up with a pool to play in till fully feathered and adult size. .

@skylerw Welcome to BYC

Back
Top Bottom