The Duck Thread

I echo Miss Lydia. Exquisite for sure.
I know you meant: EEEEK! Squeeze it!
gig.gif

Thank you everyone! They are very special birds.
Every day since they hatched, I have held, stroked, handled feet and talked to each of them. They don't always want to be held, but they are tolerant of a daily inspection.
Every morning, I take them out of their temporary 2x6 water tank coop in our bonus room. I tell them "let's go swimming" and they waddle out the door down the steps across the yard into the fenced garden where they have a safety pen with their swim tub. I move the portable pen every few days to give them fresh grass.
When I'm in the garden, the trio MM&M are free to range the garden.
Every evening, I tell them "It's time to go in" and we reverse the morning routine...back inside. If I pick up one of the girls as we walk, Morris will race around my feet until I set her down and pick him up.
Now that the weather is improved, I need to construct the duck coop inside the portable run in the garden and Maggie, Mattie and Morris will get to move into their coop in the garden.

Thank you everyone! They are very special birds.
Every day since they hatched, I have held, stroked, handled feet and talked to each of them. They don't always want to be held, but they are tolerant of a daily inspection.
Every morning, I take them out of their temporary 2x6 water tank coop in our bonus room. I tell them "let's go swimming" and they waddle out the door down the steps across the yard into the fenced garden where they have a safety pen with their swim tub. I move the portable pen every few days to give them fresh grass.
When I'm in the garden, the trio MM&M are free to range the garden.
Every evening, I tell them "It's time to go in" and we reverse the morning routine...back inside. If I pick up one of the girls as we walk, Morris will race around my feet until I set her down and pick him up.
Now that the weather is improved, I need to construct the duck coop inside the portable run in the garden and Maggie, Mattie and Morris will get to move into their coop in the garden.
Sounds fun! I talk to mine as well, they usually talk back! LOL

Quote: Ducklings love to play in their water bowls...making the bedding in their brooder a soppy mess.
I set their one gallon water feeder on top of a screen covered tub so the tub would catch the water spills. They used their "nest" until they outgrew it. I could wash their towel to keep their nest cleaner. the feeder in front still works well for free choice feeding.

Back
Top Bottom