The DUMBEST thing I've ever heard somebody say about Chickens...READ!

HA HA HA HA THAT'S SOOOOOOO HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had people ask me similar questions though......
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

One day last week i was talking chickens with a customer at work while i was ringing him out. i told him my chickens get "supervised" free range when I'm home in the evenings. The guy in line behind him asked "How do you supervise chickens? lol

I too had a funny incident with someone who was uneducated about chickens......

The lady came to my house and asked for eggs. I gave her the carton of eggs she looked inside and said "THEYRE BROWN!!" I said yes....

She said oh no! I only buy white pasturized eggs!!!! REALLY?!? LOL I didnt make fun I just clearly and nicely informed her of there is no such thing as pasturized eggs.....
lol.png

Quote:
It's just supposed to be funny. Some people say that, but don't mean for it to offend anybody. But yeah, that was uncalled for..

now now, y'all, don't get in a twist.
I *used* to be blond, but then I discovered there was a cure! I'm *so* much smarter now that I've discovered Clarol and become a brunette
wink.png

Besides I think Dolly Parton has it right. (after all, I know I'm not dumb. and I know I'm not blond!) sense of humor folks. that's what I love about Dolly.

to the OP: ok, I can go with "just doesn't know anything about animals" and maybe even "pretty ignorant about ordinary things"... right up to the point of humans making the white ones...
D'oh!
my head goes really sideways while I'm really trying to picture THAT process....
nope. can't do it.

on the other hand, I might have been unable to resist having just a little fun... I may have had to say, in a conspiratorial close-in whisper, "no the white ones aren't made by humans, they come from chickens too. they just PAINT them white so you won't know that..."

Last edited:
Quote:
Just as a side note, as a fairly-well educated adult with an above-average grasp of how nature works, I was pretty intrigued by something I learned on a public TV cooking show. I have always loved stinky blue cheeses, and had often seen demonstrations of how cheese is made, but none had ever specifically explained how blue cheese is made. I mean, what makes blue cheese blue? All the programs said to take the milk, add salt, add rennet (sp?), heat, separate curds from whey, etc., etc., etc. But that process was the same for mozzarella, cheddar, swiss...? I wondered if it was the aging process, the breed of cow (or goat), the climate, what? It turns out, the big important factor in making cheese blue is that the cows (in this case) grazed on salty grasses, right along the the sea coast.

I just thought it was a fascinating, intriguing answer to a life-long quandry. I know, I'm easily impressed. Any way, thought somebody else might find it as interesting as I did.

mm

From what I know, blue cheese is moldy cheese. The chuncks in it is mold.. I know that LOTS of people LOVE blue cheese including my family, but it is hard to believe that it is moldy cheese. That is why it is called 'Blue cheese'. Because mold is blue and green. And blue cheese has mold in it.

blue, green, white, and red molds... and different strains of each of those for different cheeses.
lots of things affect the end result of a cheese... what bacteria is used to ripen it, the fat, protein and milk solid content of the milk, what temp you heat the curd to, how the curd is handled and drained, if it's stretched or pressed and for how long and at what pressure, how it's brined or waxed, how long it's aged and what temp its stored at, and if it is mold ripened or not. not to mention all the things that can affect the base flavor of the milk, like the breed or species of animal it comes from and what they've been grazing on.
it really is quite a remarkable process...
can you tell I make cheese?

this was hilarious... so on the bus I was telling my friend about how my chicken layed an egg. she said "i thought u got rid of my roosters though?" and i told hher that we did, so she said.... "how can you have eggs without a rooster." I told her it was kinda like a period, but less bloody and it is a bigger egg.... this grossed her out... anyway, cutting to the chase. She thought there were twoo different types of chickens, egg laying chickens and chicken chickens. I had to explain the life cycle of a chicken to her!!! by the time i had finished it was her stop, so she said "we'll see aboout that!" and got off!!!!! All I could think was "This is definately going on BYC!!!!!" and here it is!

Quote:
Lmao!! Well as a credentialed teacher deemed "highly qualified" by that state of california and the federal government I can tell you with the newest regulations (no child left behind) our kids learn how to take and pass standardized tests and thats about it. Any pre-teachers out there?? Doesn't that make you want to run out and sign on up for your teaching credential ? Lol

But seriously yes our education system is lacking big time I believe it ranks near the bottom in the world and california ranks at the bottom of the USA. As a teacher we do what we can because none of us went into this field to teach kids how to take tests- we love learning and wanted to pass our love to everyone else - unfortunately much of the time our hands are tied and if you need a paycheck you need to play by their rules -although I think most of us find a way to sneak in some real education when the higher ups have their backs turned. Perhaps these ppl we are posting about weren't lucky enough to have a teacher who snuck in real learning- or maybe they were absent that day
wink.png

"it will be a great day when schools have all the money they need and the military has to hold a bakesale to buy a bomber". (love that quote!)

Quote:
Ha ha I think I have a laying chicken and a chicken chicken- but I use my chicken chicken for cuddles is that ok?

I actually get that question A LOT!! How do they lay eggs without a rooster? I should have a pamphlet made cause I'm sick of explaining it ten times a day!!

Quote:
ah yes, the barnyard education!

the stable where I was boarding my horses and sheep had a "farm day camp" last summer. turns out I had the sheep sheerer out while the kids were there, so they diverted over to watch. now the first thing you have to know is that rams sport a pair that is easliy as big as those on bulls 8 times their size. and they grow a bit of short wool on them. so here you have a couple of boys, maybe 8 or so, hanging on the fence watching the sheerer turn my 300 lb ram upside down to clip his belly wool and shave the hoohoos. I'm standing with their moms and one leans over to me and asks, "Is he shaving his.... <pause>..." to which I say "yes." She steps up to her son on the fence, leans over his sholder and points to the shearer and says something softly in her son's ear.

All of a sudden, her son flips around to look at her, eyes big as saucers and mouth wide open, looks back and forth between his mom and the upside down ram with the neatly trimmed hoohoos, turns flaming red and then takes off and runs a couple of laps around an acre pasture!

I thought his mom was going to have to sit down right there in the pasture she was laughing so hard.
lau.gif
gig.gif

yes, you have to love a barnyard education. everyone should have one.

Quote:
Cause you know, parents and their overly sheltered kids should not know there there is a difference between bull and a heifer.

well, it does beg the question of what they would have drawn there instead... surely something that would have relieved them of an "R" rating
wink.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom