The DUMBEST thing I've ever heard somebody say about Chickens...READ!

Quote:
Looked like you offended a few people.... That wasn't a smart thing to put up. Probably shouldn't do that again!
wink.png

As to Blue cheese being the Idea of cows that ate salty grass did not apeal to my thought process I did the next best thing and searched the internet

Blue cheese is said to have been discovered by accident. In early years, cheese was aged in caves because of there desired temperature and moisture properties, but what people didn’t consider was their high content of mold as well. There are several types of blue cheese. Gorgonzola and Roquefort were the first blue cheeses, while Stilton didn’t come along until the 18th century. Some blue cheeses can be very sharp, while others can be rather mild. Blue cheese has a very distinct flavor and is characterized by its marbled blue curd. The blue marble is mold, which is formed from the addition of Penicillium cultures during the cheese-making process.

Read more: How to Make Blue Cheese | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2308351_make-blue-cheese.html#ixzz1WvfV3dDe

If
in doubt research it out

wink.png

Quote:
Dolly Parton was once asked if she was offended by blonde jokes. She said, "No, I'm not offended because I'm not stupid.......and I'm not blonde! " HAHAHAHAHA!

I am actually blonde, but not stupid at all. I take blonde jokes as humor and laugh at them. I don't take them personally because they were not meant to be personal. There have been jokes about every nationality, color, religion and gender....just laugh, no harm is intended.

CC's CoopCuties :

Quote:
I agree with Shannon, and, by the way I'm not a blonde. I hate to see this forum being used to berate others. The purpose here is to learn (and to help others) about raising chickens. Criticizing others for their lack of understanding only serves to inhibit discussion by those who need to use this forum to solve a problem, or to gain knowledge. There are city kids who still think milk comes from a carton in the grocery store and not from a cow. It's just unfair to broadcast this nonsense on the internet, it's akin to bulling. Please stop.

I agree. Some people don't know. We think is dumb because we know the infomation. I didn't know much about chickens when I first started out.​

Quote:
Yeah chicken nuggets are not 'food'. And my youngest child is a redhead. His older sisters (one blonde and one brunette, go figure) told him that he was from Mars and his real parents were coming back for him someday. Surprisingly, they all turned out 'normal'.

...and somebody asked me when I gave her some eggs how to keep them from hatching...I told her "don't sit on them for three weeks"; otherwise, you should be fine.

I am happy, but not so happy with the economy. I am happy because we are learning more and more about self-sustainment. I am 46 and I was raised in the city. I knew about animals, because I am interested in life. But a lot of people, with the run of daily living, just don't know. I was layed off of my job and became unemployed like a lot of our neighbors. I got my beginning flock just last year and I have learned sooo much!! This is what makes me happy; that some of us are forced to learn to sustain and grow like our ancestors! Remember, some of us grew up with many conveniences. Go to the grocery, fix dinner, do whatever, and go to bed...get up, get in the fridge, fix breakfast, go to work. A lot of didn't have time for extras. I am going to school and I cannot find a job currently. Good thing, otherwise, I still wouldn't know about chickens!

BigDaddy'sGurl :

Quote:
Umm....being a blonde all my life, I have dealt with the stereotypical "blonde" jokes quite often, and I don't think anyone is being out of line by feeling that this otherwise funny story was immediately ruined by the comment about the uninformed lady obviously being a blonde.

I am not stupid. My daughter is blonde and is not stupid. My grandmother and mother are blondes and aren't stupid. My son is blonde and while he is "special needs" and developmentally delayed, he is not stupid. I do not like remarks such as "oh she was a blonde" like I have to make excuses for my haircolor not matching my level of intelligence.

How would you feel if someone said: "well he abused the dog horribly...but hey, he's a kid." Thereby implying that because he was a kid it was okay that he was an animal abuser? Would that be something we should all ignore when many of us have perfectly well-behaved children?

Sheesh. Maybe if you felt that you spent your entire life trying to thwart an unfair stereotype you would understand.
roll.png

hugs.gif
I think "blonde" Is used as a word to discribe scatterbrianed people, it also happens to be a hair color. I'm a blonde, And I make blonde jokes, I laugh at myself because I AM scatterbrained and I poke fun at other blondes.
hu.gif
No biggie
hugs.gif
It's ment as a funny, joking comment, not as a sterotypical statement
hugs.gif

How did this turn into a hair color topic? Like someone else here said, there are jokes about everyone and everything out there. We as a country are becoming very oversensitive. Its an old joke, get over it. And yes, red heads have it way worse.

Back to the subject. Recently at our town meeting someones arguement against an ordinance allowing chickens was that when they molt there will be tons of feathers blowing around town! And they didn't pass the ordinance!

Also, my daughter brought a book home from school last year about farm animals. It read "Cocka-doodle-do the hen wakes everyone up." What? Who published that?

Last edited:
I think the blond jokes originated from those blond teens (I'm not talking about all of them; I'm a natural one too
wink.png
) who act SO STUPID and flirty around teenage boys. Those girls gave us a bad name
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom