The EE braggers thread!!!

Here are a couple of barred project cockerels.Left one likely has 2 barring genes.Right one shows some solid colored feathers so he has 1 barring gene.

This is Cupcake.

Here is Hostess. They have started to lay, but the eggs are small and white. Do I have defective EE's? I want my blue/green eggs!!
idunno.gif

Lol easter eggers lay an array of shades white thru tans/pinks/browns and most sought after blue/green....I did a trade for a "blue Layer" got what looked like an EE, next day had a huge white egg lol doh. But she's still awesome and faithfully lays a huge egg daily.
This is Cupcake. Here is Hostess. They have started to lay, but the eggs are small and white. Do I have defective EE's? I want my blue/green eggs!!:idunno

This is Cupcake.

Here is Hostess. They have started to lay, but the eggs are small and white. Do I have defective EE's? I want my blue/green eggs!!
idunno.gif

Not defective - exactly - I guess the hatchery just didn't pay enough attention to the blue egg gene and lost it when they were crossing to the leghorns to get lot of eggs. You can get it back with one purebred AM rooster for their kids. want one? I have a few extras...
wink.png

Last edited:
Not defective - exactly - I guess the hatchery just didn't pay enough attention to the blue egg gene and lost it when they were crossing to the leghorns to get lot of eggs. You can get it back with one purebred AM rooster for their kids. want one? I have a few extras...
wink.png
O darn, you are in California. If you were closer, I would take you up on that!!!! Very sad that I will not be getting my multi colored eggs. What is the chance that all 3 will not produce these eggs? So odd to me. I would be happy If 1 were to lay the pretty eggs....

I have ordred from McMurray twice in the past for all my bantam breeds. Got my big girls from a feed store.
hmm.png
I have way too many chickens right now or else I would be all over ordering more EE's!!

I have ordred from McMurray twice in the past for all my bantam breeds. Got my big girls from a feed store.
hmm.png
I have way too many chickens right now or else I would be all over ordering more EE's!!

Hmmm.. well maybe you can find somebody with AMs around your area - who has some extra cockerels they don't want for their breeding program. The good thing about them, if they are good lines they will have two blue egg genes - so all the kids will carry it. If you breed those daughters back to the AM you will have a lot carrying two genes again - and you can keep your pretty blue eggs. It will also much improve the hatchery stock - bigger birds and nicer attitudes. Altho my EEs are friendly - the AMs were even calmer than the EEs...

Another option - if you have a way to hatch eggs.. find somebody with AMs or EE eggs for sale that come from blue eggs. They will have at least one blue egg gene - and the girls will lay blue/green eggs.... just a thought....

Back
Top Bottom