The EE braggers thread!!!

You have to be careful with the EE Roo, unless you know his genetics, there is no way of telling if his offspring will lay blue!
T
Thank you, I will! BTW, I got my first green egg from one of my girls yesterday! There is hope!!! lol
celebrate.gif

pretty all white EE, 12 weeks old, brooded here by my wonderful little Cochin EE I'm figuring I will be more likely to get a shade of pink/cream/brown eggshell, she's got a straight comb... she has lightly feathered shanks and a very sweet, but somewhat shy dispostiion. I have a good shot that she will be broody someday, she and her 2 Cuckoo Marans "sisters" sat with their Mama as company... for the 25 days that she sat til she finally gave up the last unhatched eggs. and all 3 are perfectly behaved and allowed to be with the new chicks! I'm amazed how mellow they are.
Super Mom
love.gif

one Silkie (and 4 Bantam Marans). I'm hoping the Silkie is a pullet, and that she'll be broody someday.

Last edited:
Well, Madonna (14yrs) is starting to lay around more. I think her age is getting to her. She's not quite as fisty as usual. She's doing fine, but I can tell her age is starting to show. JamJam our only other EE disappeared a couple weeks now so Madonna doesn't have her to discipline "ha"...but, she does love the 10month Light Brahmas and Barred Rock...I can still let her be out alone, she's my street smart girl! She likes to lay next to my patio door when I'm home and has started doing her dirt baths closer to my back door. Today, later, I will be able to let the others out of their coops after my "guests" leave! Then she can have some play time. I wonder if she will may it another year. She's definitely started to slow down. Love the Hen! She turned 14 in May this year. Keeping my fingers crossed she makes it to 15 and still laying eggs occasionally.
old.gif
D.gif
love.gif

Well, Madonna (14yrs) is starting to lay around more. I think her age is getting to her. She's not quite as fisty as usual. She's doing fine, but I can tell her age is starting to show. JamJam our only other EE disappeared a couple weeks now so Madonna doesn't have her to discipline "ha"...but, she does love the 10month Light Brahmas and Barred Rock...I can still let her be out alone, she's my street smart girl! She likes to lay next to my patio door when I'm home and has started doing her dirt baths closer to my back door. Today, later, I will be able to let the others out of their coops after my "guests" leave! Then she can have some play time. I wonder if she will may it another year. She's definitely started to slow down. Love the Hen! She turned 14 in May this year. Keeping my fingers crossed she makes it to 15 and still laying eggs occasionally.
old.gif
D.gif
love.gif
Wow, I didn't know they could live that long.

Back
Top Bottom