The EE braggers thread!!!

My golden girl babies and their Rooster. Watching out for them.

Hi everyone! I was hoping that some of you with more experience might be able to help me... I have two EE girls that I got as little puffballs. The were sold to me as Ameraucanas, but its clear that they aren't. They looked almost identical as babies bit now that they are growing up (21 weeks this Saturday), they look very different. I was wondering if any of you could guesstimate, based on how they look, what kind of crosses they are. I don't even think they were from the same parents, but I would like to know what you all think! I have also heard that you can tell what color egg they will lay based on comb, leg color, and cheeks/beards. Is this true? I tried to get photos of both of them that show these things. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a lot,
Newbie Chicken papa

This is Miss Money Penny... I can't get it to post multiple pics in one reply so I'll put up a few more. Bear with me please.

OK, think I got it. This is another of Miss P.

And here she is by our Welsummer, Regina.

The next three pics are of our other EE, Ethel. Look at those cheeks!

Can kind of see her feet...

Here are the beautiful colors down her back!

Last edited:
Afro Chicken has started crowing! it took him a long time! he is 24 weeks old now. Dom is 17 weeks now and has been crowing for a couple weeks, but not very frequently. maybe a couple times a week? I havent heard Stumpy (17 weeks) crow at all.

Afro Chicken i think is an awesome rooster. he has a PERFECT tail to me, there isnt one feather that is crinkled or in the wrong place lol. hes been jumping the hens, mostly the silkies. i cant wait till all his hackle/saddle feathers are out so i can see what he will look like all feathered in. it seems like they are taking FOREVER to grow!
Very HANDSOME

Do EE's always have colored eggs? I have 5 girls, I know my BA & BR have been laying for two weeks but I just got 3 eggs (first time) 4 of the girls are 23 weeks (LB, BR, BA, EE) I have a 18 week old Golden Comet. I found the EE in the coop and there was a warm brown egg in the nesting box. Could it be hers?

Here are my 2 new EEs (mom silkieXameraucana / dad Japanese Bantam)

They both hatched from a green egg

Snow 11week old pullet
she reminds me of a black tailed white

Fetch 11weekold thinking pullet(top chick in first pic, chick to the left in second pic)
She seems black with a mottled chest
Mom Ziggy is the hen in the middle

Last edited:
My EE pullets. All are around 17 weeks. First time having them, and I'm really enjoying them.
Wanted to include a pic of the wind blowing up the blue splash's skirt.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom