The EE braggers thread!!!

My EE pullets. All are around 17 weeks. First time having them, and I'm really enjoying them.
Wanted to include a pic of the wind blowing up the blue splash's skirt.
big_smile.png

lau.gif

So, a couple weeks back I posted this girl who I was told is a blue partridge color.

She's the only one of my 13 EEs this color and now I am torn as to which breeding pen to put her into. Rooster options:

1. Black and white EE roo
2. Blue copper marans roo
3. Wheaten marans roo
4. Cream Legbar roo
5. Jersey Giant roo

She is only 18 weeks old and not laying yet, so I don't know her egg color. I don't care if I breed blue eggers or olive/green eggers from her. I'm just trying to put her with the roo that will breed the prettiest colored chicks. Anyone want to vote?

So, a couple weeks back I posted this girl who I was told is a blue partridge color.

She's the only one of my 13 EEs this color and now I am torn as to which breeding pen to put her into. Rooster options:

3. Wheaten marans roo
4. Cream Legbar roo
5. Jersey Giant roo

She is only 18 weeks old and not laying yet, so I don't know her egg color. I don't care if I breed blue eggers or olive/green eggers from her. I'm just trying to put her with the roo that will breed the prettiest colored chicks. Anyone want to vote?
1. Black and white EE roo (or)
5. Jersey Giant roo

Here are my 2 new EEs (mom silkieXameraucana / dad Japanese Bantam)

They both hatched from a green egg

Snow 11week old pullet
she reminds me of a black tailed white

Fetch 11weekold thinking pullet(top chick in first pic, chick to the left in second pic)
She seems black with a mottled chest
Mom Ziggy is the hen in the middle
Oooooh, I LOVE Snow's Coloring! Beautiful!
My EE pullets. All are around 17 weeks. First time having them, and I'm really enjoying them.
Wanted to include a pic of the wind blowing up the blue splash's skirt.
big_smile.png

Pretty, pretty pretty - Whats that Red Sex Link doing in there?.. and OH - Funny! That's what I would call a turkey tail spread!

3. Wheaten marans roo
4. Cream Legbar roo
5. Jersey Giant roo

Black and White EE may give you more partridge colored chicks, but you might loose the blue. It depends on what kind of black and white patterning. Good chance to keep the blue eggs if he came out of a blue egg.
Blue Copper Marans would give you mostly black or Blue chicks, possibly some with "leakage" of red or white, could be pretty. Also a slight possibility of splash with leakage. Eggs could be brown if she only carries one blue egg gene, Olive eggers otherwise.
Wheaten Marans.. That might get you close to what she already has, but I am not sure on Wheaten genetics. Again, could give brown egg layers or Olive Eggers.
Creme Legbar, not real familiar with those - aren't they Crele patterning? That might be really interesting - and it would keep the blue/green egg thing going on.
Jersey Giant - Black chicks with leakage, maybe some blue but only slight chance. Kids would be bigger than momma though.

If you want to play with colors, you might want to try this: http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html Its a chicken color calculator. You would have to learn the genetics names somewhat, and guess what your bird carries by looking at her. I started out by just looking at the picture at the top and changing one drop down and seeing what it did to the picture. They also give you names for the genetics you selected, but some of those are good grief to remember... Off to the right hand side is a little button that lets you see what the gene does to the bird, what it looks like with it and without it. You can then cross the two (calculate crossing) and it will give you percentages of what you would get in the chicks, most will have a picture so you can see those too. I found it fun to play with. If you need any help figuring it out, PM me.

Pretty, pretty pretty - Whats that Red Sex Link doing in there?.. and OH - Funny! That's what I would call a turkey tail spread!

When I bought the EE'S, the lady at the feed store, who I have dealt with for a few years now, and trust she knows her stuff, told me that the 5 I bought were all EE's. The Red one in there grew up with no beard, no green legs, and no pea comb. I'm anxious to see what egg color I get, since all EE's don't carry the common traits.

Hey guys,
I know the pics aren't super great, but I was hoping some of you could tell me what color you would say my EE girls legs are. I've heard there is a connection between the color of legs and the color of eggs that they will lay and I wanna put that hypothesis to the test! :) I know leg colors can be like slate and stuff. What would you say my girls are?

Hey guys,
I know the pics aren't super great, but I was hoping some of you could tell me what color you would say my EE girls' legs are. I've heard there is a connection between the color of legs and the color of eggs that they will lay and I wanna put that hypothesis to the test! :) I know leg colors can be like slate and stuff. What would you say my girls are?

Hi everyone! I was hoping that some of you with more experience might be able to help me... I have two EE girls that I got as little puffballs. The were sold to me as Ameraucanas, but its clear that they aren't. They looked almost identical as babies bit now that they are growing up (21 weeks this Saturday), they look very different. I was wondering if any of you could guesstimate, based on how they look, what kind of crosses they are. I don't even think they were from the same parents, but I would like to know what you all think! I have also heard that you can tell what color egg they will lay based on comb, leg color, and cheeks/beards. Is this true? I tried to get photos of both of them that show these things. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a lot,
Newbie Chicken papa

This is Miss Money Penny... I can't get it to post multiple pics in one reply so I'll put up a few more. Bear with me please.

OK, think I got it. This is another of Miss P.

And here she is by our Welsummer, Regina.

The next three pics are of our other EE, Ethel. Look at those cheeks!

Can kind of see her feet...

Here are the beautiful colors down her back!

Hey guys,
I know the pics aren't super great, but I was hoping some of you could tell me what color you would say my EE girls' legs are. I've heard there is a connection between the color of legs and the color of eggs that they will lay and I wanna put that hypothesis to the test! :) I know leg colors can be like slate and stuff. What would you say my girls are?
They look like slate and yellow. I am amazed how beautiful one of my EE's feathers down the back are too! Also have wondered what the parents were. I have no clue on mine or yours. :D Sure did make for pretty birds though :D

Back
Top Bottom