The EE braggers thread!!!

Hi! I'm new to BYC and so glad to have found this thread. I love my EEs. They are such pretty chickens and all of them look different. I love the variety. We found our first egg yesterday. It was half buried in the dirt. Not sure if it's a chicken or duck egg as they are all the same age (hatched early to mid May) and have no reference as to what size the eggs from the chickens and ducks should be when they first start to lay eggs.

I'm so happy to have found this forum. Non-chicken people just don't understand! lol! Here are some of our EEs. I can't wait until they start laying.

Hi! I'm new to BYC and so glad to have found this thread. I love my EEs. They are such pretty chickens and all of them look different. I love the variety. We found our first egg yesterday. It was half buried in the dirt. Not sure if it's a chicken or duck egg as they are all the same age (hatched early to mid May) and have no reference as to what size the eggs from the chickens and ducks should be when they first start to lay eggs.

Welcome! They are lovely birds. I love my EEs and will always have some.

Quote:
Yes. Their father is a wheaten ameraucana. Mothers were "Americana" from Privett Hatchery.

The cockerel is friendly enough and not showing aggressive tendencies, so I'm really thinking of keeping him. I'm very curious how close to an ameraucana he will look.

I'm so happy to have found this forum. Non-chicken people just don't understand! lol! Here are some of our EEs. I can't wait until they start laying.

How old are they? It looks like they might lay soon... Love their muffs though. :)

Your girls are very pretty, and it looks like they are really close to laying from their combs - so it could be one of their eggs. They are only 4 months old by your information?

Just to satisfy my guess.. is this a boy? Because when I was looking at all the pictures I was saying, pretty girl pretty girl, and I got to this one and I said pretty boy.. only you didn't say its a boy? Perhaps its the angle, but my brain still says "boy"...

Your girls are very pretty, and it looks like they are really close to laying from their combs - so it could be one of their eggs. They are only 4 months old by your information?

Just to satisfy my guess.. is this a boy? Because when I was looking at all the pictures I was saying, pretty girl pretty girl, and I got to this one and I said pretty boy.. only you didn't say its a boy? Perhaps its the angle, but my brain still says "boy"...

X2

I also thought it was a boy

Your girls are very pretty, and it looks like they are really close to laying from their combs - so it could be one of their eggs.  They are only 4 months old by your information? 

Just to satisfy my guess.. is this a boy?  Because when I was looking at all the pictures I was saying, pretty girl pretty girl, and I got to this one and I said pretty boy.. only you didn't say its a boy?  Perhaps its the angle, but my brain still says "boy"...

i also thought it looked like a boy

yes, he is a boy :) I was just posting some pictures of the ones that would let me take them today. They are all at least 4 - 4 1/2 months old. So, you can tell by the girl's combs that they are ready to lay soon? I have so much to learn!

Back
Top Bottom