The EE braggers thread!!!

Tonight I bought six easter egger hens, and one looks like it has growth on it. I don't if it is a tumor or a boil or a birth defect. If its just a boil I was going to pop it, and spray some of that purple medicine stuff. First though I wanted to get some opinions to see what it is. Here are some pics
[/URL] Thank y'all in advance
Check the foot pad on the bottom to see if it's swollen. It could be bumblefoot. I would not recommend popping it even if it's a boil because it can get infected really easy. I think we need better up close images, these are kinda blurry.

Last edited:
I will get better pictures tomorrow when it's daylight outside. What do I need to do to make it go away if it is bumble foot?

Tonight I bought six easter egger hens, and one looks like it has growth on it. I don't if it is a tumor or a boil or a birth defect. If its just a boil I was going to pop it, and spray some of that purple medicine stuff. First though I wanted to get some opinions to see what it is. Here are some pics
LL
[/URL] Thank y'all in advance
Check the foot pad on the bottom to see if it's swollen. It could be bumblefoot. I would not recommend popping it even if it's a boil because it can get infected really easy. I think we need better up close images, these are kinda blurry.
Is she limping ?? You can soak it in warm Epsom salt water. That would loosen up any debris.. But yeah tumor, that would be no good.. Keep us posted & yes better photos please..

She wasn't limping, but I could tell their was pain because she couldn't put alot if pressure on it. What are ways to get rid of bumble foot

Just realized our new little addition has not been getting bigger & she has a owhie around her eye.. only 1 eye.. not sure if this is from a injury. Or something else? I did clean out some puss from the swollen part? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
You all ever sit back an look up and thing just what are you up to up there as wit the give and take that goes on ...

Well this is Momma and she was recorded producing egg's of 3 a week at 14 weeks and went broody at 20 weeks and hatched out her first chicks at 23 weeks ...

Well here she is at 25 weeks and doing great as a Momma but to day for the first time the chicks were running around by themselves so I was looking for her all day thinking the worst had happened to her but then later this evening I found her sitting beck in the brooder box and pecked at me when I tried to pick her up to take her out to her little mob of chicks .....

Well last night was the worst as I was walking around the yard as the geese were silent and this is just wrong for them s I checked out the guinea who just finished laying some 26 egg's for her nest and had only been sitting on them for three nights and she was not there so I got a bigger flashlight and found some feathers spread about her nest ...

This was her with her last clutch of egg's and this nest had a couple more this time ...

Well last night I picked up all of her egg's and put them in the incubator to see if I could save something of her but now I am thinking about putting the guinea egg's under Momma to hatch as she is so good but I wonder if she would take the guinea egg's I know she hasn't a problem taking her sisters egg's one little bit ........

Back
Top Bottom