The EE braggers thread!!!

I have an EE mix that I am pretty sure is crossed with a wyandotte, BLR, but not 100% sure. "She" is only about nine weeks old,no wattles or beard, pea comb so hopefully has the blue egg gene, but yellow legs. Her comb has three rows of peas, but she otherwise looks like a hen, I'm thinking the rose comb cross made the comb more prominent? But just guessing here.
Nice looking chicken!
love.gif

One of my EEs, Runny, has white earlobes (hard to see in this picture from a month and a half ago, but I do not have a more recent one). Does that mean she will lay a white egg? Or are earlobes kind of "anything goes" like with everything else with EEs? She is 21 weeks old and has not laid yet.

One of my EEs, Runny, has white earlobes (hard to see in this picture from a month and a half ago, but I do not have a more recent one). Does that mean she will lay a white egg? Or are earlobes kind of "anything goes" like with everything else with EEs? She is 21 weeks old and has not laid yet.
She looks identical to mine, same age too. Still waiting on her first egg too. Curious labourer color too, mine has white looking ears.

Yes white ear lobes usually go with white eggs in pure breeds but there are exceptions . Red ear lobes usually go with brown or tinted eggs . Again there are exceptions . EE have such a varied gene pool anything goes .

Back
Top Bottom