The EE braggers thread!!!

Congratulations!! I know just how exciting that first egg is, but man, your first was a colored EE egg and I'm a wee bit jealous. My first EE laid brown eggs, and my first eggs were brown Wyandotte eggs. I mean, I'm not complaining, just. . . Blue, green, olive, and dark brown are so much more exciting.

MistyMountain - Dolores is gorgeous! I looove melanized silver duckwing hens.

Just wanted to share that I got my first...egg...EVER...today! :weee I have 3 EEs and 2 BAs. The EEs are 26 weeks and the BAs are 22 weeks. My first girl to lay is my EE Caramel. I am so proud of her! She has been in and out of the coop making nests for the past few days. Today she sang the egg song BEFORE she laid her egg! Here are some pictures... Store-bought on the left, EE on the right.
. :weee congrats on your first egg and a blue one no less, pretty color! It never gets old, collecting eggs.

Finally getting eggs :)

Hi all!
I'm relatively new to BYC and to chickens in general. But I knew I wanted some EEs and I have 3. Original plan was 2, but when I got home from the feed store with my chickies and they began growing, my 'leghorn' turned out to be a buff EE - works for me
big_smile.png

And then today, I got my first egg (from an EE)!!!! I've gotten 19 eggs in the last 20 days from my RIR (my very first eggs), but last week my EE Cleo started to squat, so I knew it would be soon. Today, I went out to give them new water and she was up in the coop, making a very nice nest (in the bedding, not in the nest box). About 30 minutes later I saw her out in the run again so I went to look for an egg, hoping today was the day. I ran out to the coop and looked in her nest...no egg.
hmm.png
So, I went around to the Run to ask Cleo what she was up to, and there, about 2 feet out into the run, was her egg. My guess is she tried, got frustrated, gave up and came down to see what treats I had brought out, only to realize she really did need to lay that egg!!
yippiechickie.gif

Anyone else have a crazy first egg story like that?

Here is Cleo (short for Cleopatra) - she is named for the 'eyeliner' like markings on her eyes as a chick, she is also my Avatar.

Here is her first egg - the camera made it look a bit more brilliantly blue that it does in real life....

And, here are my other two EEs, the first is Buttercup - the "leghorn chick":

And here is Dolores - who is my most...energetic and naughty chicken. You can see it in here eyes...

Finally, there is their coop and run. Sorry I don't have better face on views of my EEs. This whole taking pictures of a moving chicken thing - it's hard
idunno.gif

Anyway - I've been enjoying reading this thread and everyone else's adventures with their EEs.
WOW! You have beutiful EE's! I want such nice birds!!

I am so pleased with the EE's that Cackle gave me! They have such big puffy cheeks and pretty colors! I am still waiting for an egg from Blondie though, but hopefully it will be soon! I can't wait to hatch eggs from them and order more from Cackle hatchery in March!
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom