The EE braggers thread!!!

Tball, there's a thread on here about pink eggs, and most everyone on it wants to know how to breed for them. I'd love to have pink eggs!!
tongue.png
my faverolles hatched from pink eggs. they looked so surreal like bubblegum pink. they haven't laid yet so hopefully i'll get pink eggs from them

I got attcked my EE Rooster next time He does that he will be died Rooster. He attackd me for no reason.. I so sraced of rooster now.

You may not have seen a reason but he did. There are many ways to train that behavior out of him if your willing to try. Me EE roo was getting pretty bad and after 2 weeks of bootcamp he minds his manners.

I got attcked my EE Rooster next time He does that he will be died Rooster. He attackd me for no reason.. I so sraced of rooster now.
You might not have seen or understood the reason. My hormonal cockerels tend to bite my hand when I first separate them into show cages because they are fighting. Boot camp never worked on a mean one here, just made them worse. What has been working is the first time they bite or jump at me I drop what I'm doing and catch them any way I can, pin them on the ground on the their backs for a minute or two. Then let them up. Usually just takes once, occasionally twice. Rarely 3 times. 3 strikes and you are dinner.

I don't wear loose floppy clothing or make sudden moves that could startle the birds. I talk to them as I approach the pens so they know I'm coming, don't just sneak up on them. Try not to make the girls squawk with the boys around as they will try and defend the girls. Although my older cock birds will rush towards me when I've caught up a hen and she's making a fuss they stop short and just keep and eye on the situation.

Charlie my rooster that Attack me I did not noting to him all I was doing was going feed the girls he just attcked me and hard he did twice he might of done other time after he was being very mean,, I have heared from other chicken people once you get a mean Rooster he comes dinner. But I wil try to do what you told me but If he does it again three stike he will be dinner for My Dogs. Sorry but I don't want mean rooster and now I am sraced
To go back in that pen. I am just glad the rooster did not really hurt me bad but it still hurt. But I wil keep those things in mind

Charlie my rooster that Attack me I did not noting to him all I was doing was going feed the girls he just attcked me and hard he did twice he might of done other time after he was being very mean,, I have heared from other chicken people once you get a mean Rooster he comes dinner. But I wil try to do what you told me but If he does it again three stike he will be dinner for My Dogs. Sorry but I don't want mean rooster and now I am sraced
To go back in that pen. I am just glad the rooster did not really hurt me bad but it still hurt. But I wil keep those things in mind
If you didn't correct him the first time, that's why he did it again; he got away with the first time. Sometimes tho we don't know why they do it; when they are young and start getting hormonal and fight with each other, that is when they do it the most, try to bite or jump at me, trying to find their place in the pecking order, they find out quick that I am the Alpha and they settle down most of the time. It could also be if the space is tight he felt threatened by your presence even if you were just going in to feed. And yes they do hurt. A very large rooster can do some serious damage.

Charlie he is a young cocker so I understand that is his hormals kicking in. I do talk with all my chicken before I go into any of the pens. But I won't be picking up Charlie and pin him down to the ground. If do
Have
To in the I will take a rake or a Shovle with me in case he Attfked me
Again but he attcked me twice yesterday so if he does it again he will be Dinner sorry to
Say if I can't get him to understand I am Alaph and he is not when I am in the pen..

Back
Top Bottom